• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slipping out of gear.

Joe ltx-le

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx-dx
I’m up in Quebec and my sled is popping out of gear. I checked the chain tension and it seems like the tension is almost gone , I can turn the bolt all the way in by hand.

There is 7000 miles on the chain.

Any input would be great.

I’m up in Quebec and my sled is popping out of gear. I checked the chain tension and it seems like the tension is almost gone , I can turn the bolt all the way in by hand.

There is 7000 miles on the chain.

Any input would be great.
Remove the reverse actuator and rotate the shift detent, until engaged into forward,reinstall the actuator. Not sure if it will help but worth a try. Not sure if leaving the reverse actuator unplugged will effect engine run but pretty sure it'll throw a code which might not effect run quality.
I bielieve your in for a new chain. I dought it'll effect the forward staying engaged, since the adjuster is spring loaded. If at all possible ensure its engaged in foward fully and leave the actuator unplugged.
Keep us posted

Ok. I hear what your saying. But when it does slip out of gear if I slow down it will snap back into gear.

This is a sign of upper chain-case bearing failure. I would open it up or take it in for warranty.
I just changed that bushing 2500 miles ago. But you are right all signs point that way. No warranty but thanks.

MrSled is 100% correct it is time for most chaincase internalls to be replaced like upper gear, chains etc. But I bielive the gear may stay engaged forward if no electrical current is dealer reed to it.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong
Just trying to keep him rolling

I’m going to take a look at it but it’s in front of the motel so I may not be able to crack it open.

I’m interested to see if it’s the actuator out of position

Had my chain go loose turns out I lost one of the screws that holds the tensioner wheel to the bracket. It fell out and caused a crack in my inner chain case

Joe, where abouts are you staying, I'm in the Abitbi region, Temiscaming Quebec. Maybe I can help you out.

My sled came out of forward. Going 80. Awful grinding noise. . Went back in gear once popper back out. Will not Go back in gear. Towed home. 2700 miles on sled. Actuator installed and torqued per manual, every time it was removed.New top gear 300 miles ago. This seems like its a going to be a problem

Update-

The dealer just called , apparently the clip on the jack shaft came off. Seems like a strange thing to happen. Anyway they orders all the parts.

Update-

The dealer just called , apparently the clip on the jack shaft came off. Seems like a strange thing to happen. Anyway they orders all the parts.
That is rare Joe. Makes me wonder about these snap rings on the drive shafts and jack shafts. I had a post earlier this year about the one by the brake rotor. It broke about an inch from the top. I'm sure it would have come off sooner than later.

IMG_2478 (800x600).jpg

That is rare Joe. Makes me wonder about these snap rings on the drive shafts and jack shafts. I had a post earlier this year about the one by the brake rotor. It broke about an inch from the top. I'm sure it would have come off sooner than later.

View attachment 138744
Funny you say that. Same trip I had my problem my buddy’s winder started making a loud noise. It was the clip had come off the brake rotor and was stuck against the disc

Back