• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SLP skis.. SLT & Mohawk holes on saddle

jonlafon1

Lifetime Member
Mount Morris, WI. Chaney Lake, Upper MI eh!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder LTX_SE

2024 Catalyst RXC

2017 Sidewinder LTX-SE. 11750 miles (SOLD)
Anyone know the difference in the holes on these ski saddles. Like the holes that change the forward or aft position of the ski in relation to sled spindle.... I see two holes on the ski saddle.. Which hole are guys using? And what changes from one to the other as far as handling? Thanks

although I havent run them I believe the concept is the same...forward hole moves more ski aft making it "trail" more and less bite and dart....moving to rear hole moves more ski fore....making it bite more and becomes more prone to dart..

although I havent run them I believe the concept is the same...forward hole moves more ski aft making it "trail" more and less bite and dart....moving to rear hole moves more ski fore....making it bite more and becomes more prone to dart..
Thanks SJ.. I re shimmed my SLT's and kind of thought about moving the skis.. Mine seem to be wearing more in front.. Put a thicker shim in. Mine are in the forward hole putting the ski more towards the aft or rear of sled.. Seems like the carbide needs to be forward more.. BUT I will wait and see what slightly thicker shim does

Back