1. PLEASE READ: If you have problems logging in with your old password, click the Forgot Password link in the log in screen to get an email verification to request a new password or click Here. If you haven't received a new password from the forum please email your username and password to webmaster@totallyamaha.com. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All hotmail, msn, outlook, live email accounts are not receiving email notifications. The only way to remedy this is to add @totallyamaha.com to your safe senders list in order to receive notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

SLP skis.. SLT & Mohawk holes on saddle

Discussion in 'SideWinder Trail Talk' started by jonlafon1, Jan 11, 2017.

1. jonlafon1

jonlafon1 TY 4 Stroke Guru

USA
    Snowmobile:
    Sidewinder LTX-SE
    Anyone know the difference in the holes on these ski saddles. Like the holes that change the forward or aft position of the ski in relation to sled spindle.... I see two holes on the ski saddle.. Which hole are guys using? And what changes from one to the other as far as handling? Thanks

3. **sj**

**sj** Lifetime Member Lifetime VIP Member VIP Member

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2017 sidewinder ltx-le
    although I havent run them I believe the concept is the same...forward hole moves more ski aft making it "trail" more and less bite and dart....moving to rear hole moves more ski fore....making it bite more and becomes more prone to dart..

4. jonlafon1

jonlafon1 TY 4 Stroke Guru

USA
    Snowmobile:
    Sidewinder LTX-SE
    Thanks SJ.. I re shimmed my SLT's and kind of thought about moving the skis.. Mine seem to be wearing more in front.. Put a thicker shim in. Mine are in the forward hole putting the ski more towards the aft or rear of sled.. Seems like the carbide needs to be forward more.. BUT I will wait and see what slightly thicker shim does