• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SNAP! Exhaust bolt

Use Map gas with torch it burns a little hotter. I would give it a shot with vise grip. Just get the vice grip as tight as possible.

Welder didn't work, but a couple broken drill bits later... It's out!

Ended up getting a left hand (reverse) drill bit. 1/4" and picked it out, just ran a tap throught to clean up the threads. Also picked up the SS bolts, lock washers and nickel anti seize!

Last edited:
AE31EA0A-9479-4AEF-97A1-923E397F7EFB.jpeg
Remember SS bolts are soft, check out locking bolts that Tommcat perf sells just check out there worth it.

As many of us know, with a bolt that size and a T50 Torx, it would be very easy to tighten way past 18 ftlbs. Over-tightening you can actually warp the turbo flange where the muffler bolts up to.

Why cant you guys use studs here? Just no room? That would be the right way to do this long term.
It would make it a pain to get the muffler on and off. The way is slides into the mounts would make it hard to get it over studs.

For sure. At the bottom of the muffler mount, there is a peg that's about an inch long, maybe longer that has to into an isolator. Studs would make it really hard to get that in place.

Well successfully got it back together, was glad to get that PITA fixed. Brought the exhaust bolts to 15ft/lbs. I will keep a close eye. The factory torque spec on the chaincase cover I feel is also to high at 12ft lbs. Twisted one bolt right off, luckily it came out easily. Went by feel with the new bolt, no leaks.

Attachments

• 20201210_205233.jpg
    20201210_205233.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 74
Well successfully got it back together, was glad to get that PITA fixed. Brought the exhaust bolts to 15ft/lbs. I will keep a close eye. The factory torque spec on the chaincase cover I feel is also to high at 12ft lbs. Twisted one bolt right off, luckily it came out easily. Went by feel with the new bolt, no leaks.

Copper Anti-seize ??

Back