• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snapped the head of an exhaust bolt.

Update. haha turbo is off, headed to a shop to get it out. broke extractor inside the hole. Went though 5 drill bits just trying to get through the bolt. Its a great time over here.
Did the same thing. I broke the bolt and someone tried helping me broke off the extractor inside as well. Will there be any issue running it like this until we can figure out another solution? Might try welding a bolt method to it. Any other ideas welcome thanks guys.

Did the same thing. I broke the bolt and someone tried helping me broke off the extractor inside as well. Will there be any issue running it like this until we can figure out another solution? Might try welding a bolt method to it. Any other ideas welcome thanks guys.
Should be fine without it. You’ll see if it leaks, will be dirty around that spot

I've been running with one missing for 5 years. No worries. Like Big Phil said you'll know if it's leaking.

If it leaks is there anything I can do? It’s the top right looking at turbo. I put copper sieze on the bolts. Now have all stainless in as well. The one that broke came with the precision exhaust, torqued to 9 lbs then 18lbs with copper sieze. I do have nickel Anti coming which I’ll take the bolts back out and put that on the bolts also. Thanks for the help guys

If it leaks is there anything I can do? It’s the top right looking at turbo. I put copper sieze on the bolts. Now have all stainless in as well. The one that broke came with the precision exhaust, torqued to 9 lbs then 18lbs with copper sieze. I do have nickel Anti coming which I’ll take the bolts back out and put that on the bolts also. Thanks for the help guys
Stock exhaust bolts are the best. No anti seize or anything necessary and they don’t break or stretch. That being said, you shouldn’t leak with 1 bolt missing. Most, if not all, the after market exhausts don’t use all the bolts.

I’ve been using td sq 3” and theres not even a tab for a bolt in one spot. Hasn’t leaked in 2500 mi.

Ok thanks guys. So should I put stock bolts back in or try the stainless steel

I would stick to stock bolts, use the anti seize recommended, lots of people with good luck using it

to get a broken easyout out, sharpen a cement carbide bit to drill steel and you can drill out the bolt/easy out. it is slow going but can be done. just had to do this to lower shaft bolt that broke in the chaincase on brothers 09 apex mtx.

Back