• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sniper Double Down Runners – 89 Series

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
LogoTrademarkAdded-01.png

https://snowstuds.com/product/sniper-double-down-runners-89-series/

I had a chance to run the Sniper Series on my 2020 SRX for a few weekends and I must say that I like the square edge much better then the standard double down. They seem to push less in the corners. Over all you just can't beat the build quality and longevity you get from the double downs but this new sniper series is a great improvement. I have to hand it to Dave, he keeps on making the product better and better.

Sniper-DoubleDown-Runner.png

Last edited:

I agree, they bite amazing. I have about 1500 miles on a set on my winder. Seems like my standard double downs held up way better, but I like the bite of the sniper better

I agree, they bite amazing. I have about 1500 miles on a set on my winder. Seems like my standard double downs held up way better, but I like the bite of the sniper better
Agreeed. 1000 miles on mine and zero complaints. Wife has 2800 miles on her double downs from last year and still sharp. I love the snipers so far and she will be switching to double downs for next season

What lenth carbide did you run? I have been running the 6inch dooly's and its time for a new set. I have had good luck with the doolys but am willing to try something that bites a little harder. Do they increase steering effort?
The pricing is much better than doolys too.

Agreeed. 1000 miles on mine and zero complaints. Wife has 2800 miles on her double downs from last year and still sharp. I love the snipers so far and she will be switching to double downs
I run 6inch. I tried 8 inch once and steering effort was a little much for my likes.
Sniper double downs seem like a great mix of bite and easy steering.

What lenth carbide did you run? I have been running the 6inch dooly's and its time for a new set. I have had good luck with the doolys but am willing to try something that bites a little harder. Do they increase steering effort?
The pricing is much better than doolys too.
I run 8”. I don’t think the steering effort is any different.

I put on a pair of 4" Sniper Double Downs on my Sidewinder running the Ice Storm 150 track with my Curve Skis. I've always run Dooley's with my Curves. I was very impressed with just the 4". I also have a set of 6" to try so I will try those out back-to-back one day, but so far I have 700 miles on the 4" Sniper Double Downs this year and really like the bite these provide with easy steering and just a completely stable front end! I honestly don't think 6" are even needed with just the Ice Storm track.

Defiantly bit harder than comparable dooly's. Added steering effort also. I am going to adjust center spring and strap and see where the tipping point is between easy steering and push.

I might try these. I have run many miles with Slim jims 6" on cat skis.. Tried the snotrackers semi for about 2500 miles.. I like them.. I tried the aggressive this year for about 1000 miles and was not a fan.. I tried chasing the setting and was not able to get the aggressive to my liking. Girlfriend loves the semi trackers on her 21 8000 cat.. I curious on feedback on these. I always found the 8" slim jims didn't gain me much and gave more steering effort compared to 6" .. Obviously this is all subjective and very dependent on rider style and tweaks to settings .
ANYONE run these on cat skis or the NEW Yamaha skis?

I am on Cat skis. I took a big swing on some adjustments last night and will see where it lands when I ride this week.

I put Snow Studs dual runners on my XTX two seasons ago, last season rode 2,500 miles and when I looked at them to touch up with my Bite Harder, they were in great shape still.
Now the start of this season I installed my Star Suspension and rode another 2,500 miles,
5k miles total, and they are still working good other then I have to left off the gas to get them to bite, which is in my set up of not enough ski pressure, which I like the monster skilees (bikers call wheelies) action when on throttle so just had to adapt by remembering to let off throttle when entering a turn.

Does that have a negative impact on the function of the Curve keel? I would sure think it would.

I wouldn’t say negative. If your looking for me to tell you there is no change, or it minimal, I won’t. It does change it compared to a single bar but to me it works well enough to rather go with double downs then run singles.

Back