• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sno Scoot Carb Question

RobX-1

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
18 50th Apex XT-X, 08 40th Apex LTX GT, 08 40th Nytro RTX, & 03 RX-1
When I was cleaning the carb on my son's Sno Scoot, I think I may have lost an O-ring that sits down in the chamber where the choke plunger assembly screws into. After cleaning the carb, I used an air compressor to blow air down into this chamber and had something hit my cheek when doing so. I thought I remembered there being an O-ring down there in the prior years I had done this but could not find the object that hit me; if it even was an O-ring. So then I checked the parts diagram but the only O-ring they show is the one that fits onto the plunger itself. Does anyone know or can a Sno Scoot owner confirm whether or not there is suppose to be an O-ring down in that chamber? I know the plunger sits on the center protrusion because I can see the wear ring on my old one but wasn't sure if there was suppose to be an O-ring that fits around the center protrusion. I ended up ordering a new plunger and O-ring thinking the O-ring was for what I thought I was missing but instead it came with the O-ring on the plunger. I tried taking off the O-ring from my old plunger and sliding it down into the chamber and although it fits, I am not sure if its the right size or is even needed for that matter. The problem I'm having is that when I flip up the choke, it doesn't appear to have any affect; it doesn't bog down the engine after it has warmed up. It's almost seems like the choke is engaged whether the lever is flipped up or not and that's why I was thinking I was missing an O-ring. I'm attaching pics of the choke plunger chamger I'm referring to as well as the part diagram (ref #19 is the plunger and O-ring and the chamber I'm referring to is where the plunger slides into). Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

Attachments

• Carb_Pic.jpg
    Carb_Pic.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 204
  • partimage.jpg
    partimage.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 208

Rob there is only a o-ring on the outside around the choke cable.There are no o-rings down inside any other ports hope this helps i have just done 3 carbs this week.Ithink you may have got some junk out of a port hope this helps Dave

Back