• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SnoCross

Vmax

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Arctic Cat ZR 6000 El Tigre
I know that Snocross is nothing more than bragging rights for sled manufactures to fork out the highest fee to the best riders but Yamaha is the only manufacture of the big 4 that does not compete, does this hurt there sales?
This past race season the sleds have to be completely stock with the exception of a muffler can so the team with the most money are no longer relevant.
Your thoughts...….

I certainly wish we would see more racing efforts and support from Yamaha. And more than just a factory sponsored team. Having more than one blue sled in a class would be awesome! Makes me kinda feel like an idiot when my trail ride looks like a race sled, when Yamaha doesn’t race anything.

I don't think we will ever see it as long as they are only selling 4 strokes. The weight penalty is too much to overcome. Especially in a 20 lap race on today's courses, which seem to be rough and technical.

If I remember right, the race that Robbie won on the Nytro was a wide course where you could carry a lot of speed.

Yep he did but he was hand picked do his size and strength, no one since has made an effort to try and manhandle a 4 stroke around a snocross course.

First of all, right now they would be using an Arctic Cat chassis. It would be strange to compete in another manufactures' chassis. It would do more harm than good.

Secondly, Snocross is the one place that 4-strokes suffer. Not just the obvious weight issue, but 2-strokes get completely rebuilt every race. The longevity of the 4-stroke becomes moot at this venue, but is a key selling point in the real world.

Thirdly, unless you can hire Tucker, you might as well sit back & watch.

All good points Steve, especially the third one about Tucker...……..lol

I am a 4 stroker ALL the way, but i do believe the big Y needs a 2 smoke for mountains & Snocross.
Mountain sleds are a HUGE growing market & Snocross still sells.

I see as many fours on the trails now than two's, but trail riders make up about half the market.
If Yamaha wants to make gains in the sled market, then VMAX is right & they will have to make a 2-stroke to compete in snocross.
It's possible the big Y has new sleds coming & doesn't need/want to be #1.
They may be happy staying profitable & unique.
It would be cool to have someone to root for though.

Maybe you can talk Tucker out of retirement to run one.

Regardless of 2 or 4 stroke, and who’s chassis they run, I’d love to see blue getting back into racing.

Back