• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SnoScoot S-1 Project

VX1R

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Ordered: 2025 SW LTX-LE Final Edition
Current Riders:
2018 SW LTX-LE
2002 SRX Custom
Rough Trail: 2023 Lynx Xterrian 900TurboR
Vintage Riders:
1980 Enticer 300 Twin
1986 Inviter
1998 Phazer Mt. Lite
1996 Phazer Mt. Lite Mod
Hopefully I won't get the boot from posting this in the 4-stroke side, since it's a 2-smoker, but what the heck.....

Here's a few pictures of a 'Scoot project that I've been chipping away at since last fall. I picked up the 'Scoot from a friend of a fellow TY member at Hay Days. He had started the project by tearing the sled completely down, and having the frame and suspension stripped and powdercoated. He also custom built a Fox shock with a remote reservior that has an adjustable compression rebound clicker. A new track was also installed. The sled was virtually like new when I got it, except for the seat and cowling.

Since he had done most of the work restoring the sled, I only needed to change the looks. I wanted to give the 'Scoot a modern look, but still have a retro style. I decided to go with the look from the 50th Anniversary R-1 bike that used the yellow colors that Yamaha used on some of the bikes from the 70's-80's. I also had the seat cover changed, along with mounting some C&A mini skis.

Let me know what you think......

Attachments

• FoxShock.jpg
    FoxShock.jpg
    465.1 KB · Views: 491
  • S1-Side1.jpg
    S1-Side1.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 1,282
  • S1-Rear.jpg
    S1-Rear.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 746
  • S1Front.jpg
    S1Front.jpg
    475.7 KB · Views: 709
  • R-1.jpg
    R-1.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 457

That is too cool. I've been waiting to see pics of this. Any engine mods?

yam429 said:
That is too cool. I've been waiting to see pics of this. Any engine mods?

Thanks yam429. I just saw the thread with your nephews blue 120 "SRX". That sled is awesome. It's too bad that Yamaha doesn't participate in the youth sled market to build some brand loyalty with the young ones, but with times the way they are right now, I can understand their position. Maybe someday. In the meantime Yamaha guys will just have to keep building some custom mini sleds.

No engine mods on this 'Scoot, just cosmetic changes and suspension mods. I've got two other 'Scoots in the stable that will be getting some more radical mods in the future, but this first one is basically all stock.

You did a nice job. Any snosports in the stable? They're a little harder to come by.

VX1R said:
Hopefully I won't get the boot from posting this in the 4-stroke side, since it's a 2-smoker, but what the heck.....let me know what you think......

ABSOLUTELY NOT....Why should it

VERY SWEET LOOKIN RIDE :-o

We R All Kids At Heart.......nice work on that Project :Rockon:

Sweet looking ride. Just showed it to my son. Now he wants his scoot to look like yours. Did you have to make up any mounts to get the C&A's to fit. Was thinking about getting a set for it. Also your exhaust manifold looks different. Is that a mod or just painted.

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Phazernut.... I'm glad your son likes the looks of this 'Scoot. I would think if you're looking to change the looks of the 'Scoot from your avatar pic, that you could try to go with a matching look from your 40th Anniversary sled. I might go that route on the next one that I build. I picked up a set of custom ski mounts from Bullheadmoto that allow the C&A mini skis to mount up without any interference from the A-arm. He's a TY member if you need to contact him about the ski mounts. The exhaust looks different because it has been ceramic coated, but it's all stock.

yam429....No Snosports in the stable. I've run across a few, but the prices that I've seen are just too much for me want to pick one up. I like the lighter weight on the 'Scoots over the SnoSports, but the power of the 125 motor of the SnoSport would be nice.

I was looking at Bullhead's stuff. Looks like good gear. I'll probably get it from him over the summer. My only fear if I paint the cowl is scratching it afterwards. I think a 40th scoot would be pretty cool. To many projects and not enough time.

VX1R said:

Phazernut.... I'm glad your son likes the looks of this 'Scoot. I would think if you're looking to change the looks of the 'Scoot from your avatar pic, that you could try to go with a matching look from your 40th Anniversary sled. I might go that route on the next one that I build. I picked up a set of custom ski mounts from Bullheadmoto that allow the C&A mini skis to mount up without any interference from the A-arm. He's a TY member if you need to contact him about the ski mounts. The exhaust looks different because it has been ceramic coated, but it's all stock.

yam429....No Snosports in the stable. I've run across a few, but the prices that I've seen are just too much for me want to pick one up. I like the lighter weight on the 'Scoots over the SnoSports, but the power of the 125 motor of the SnoSport would be nice.

Let me know when your kids outgrow it. I'll buy it.

That is way COOL. You do great work, about your son is stoked.

Yamadoo

VX1R said:

Just wondering where you got your mini C&A pros from ??? I'm looking for a red pair ???

Jeremy said:
Just wondering where you got your mini C&A pros from ??? I'm looking for a red pair ???

I picked up the skis directly from C&A Pro: http://www.caultrapro.com/contact.php

You will need to either fab up some mounts, or get in touch with Bullheadmoto to get his mounting kit for the skis. C&A does not make a direct mounting kit for the SnoScoot.

DaveyBoy said:
Looks good VX-1 heres my boys

Looking good DaveyBoy. I see that you must have got the C&A skis and mounts from BHM. Those should work out really nice. He does have some really nice parts that are coming available for the 'Scoot and 'Sport guys.

I've been keeping my eyes open for a reasonably priced SnoSport like yours. It seems that you can't use "reasonably priced" and "SnoSport" in the same sentence though from what I've seen in these parts.

Thanks VX-1 He likes it i wish it was a little faster and he does too lol.

I did buy the BHM kit was the easiest thing at the time and needed better handling,floatation etc The kit is great and he has alot of neat things planned hope to see them for this winter.

as far as reasonably priced noway lol a good used sport here is $1500 to $3500.00 :drink: I just had to have 1 for the boy i like different and yamaha, a freestyle might be in his future though #$%&* Tracks are near impossible to find and alot of money I would like to put another rear suspension in it though havent had time to R&D that yet and with the time and price a freestyle looks cheaper and easier lol keep up the good work on your projects they look great I will post a pic of my time consuming hobby and money pit

Attachments

• TY4Stroke-TotallyamahaViewtopic-Picsofmeandtheguys3-11-07.jpg
    TY4Stroke-TotallyamahaViewtopic-Picsofmeandtheguys3-11-07.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 2,468

Back