• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SnoScoot size limit?

asrx600guy

Extreme
I have 4 kids. As they are mine and my wife's children, they are likely to be larger than average kids, If you go by the old adage that they will double their 2yo height, they will all be over 6'.

My oldest is 11 and 150 lbs, and who knows how much and turning 12 next season. My youngest is about to turn 6.
I know they are supposed to be for small adults as well, but my oldest is already bigger than many adults, height and weight. Is she already too big for one?

I'm trying to decide if we would get real use out of these big kid's machines or not?
would you guys trust a 12yo driving on the trails? do they handle off trail? or would they get stuck the second they leave my tracks?

12 yo is legal in WI with safety course. It’s not if I trust them it’s up to you the Parent. My kids were riding 50cc dirt bikes by 6 years old. Both raced. By time they were big enough to hop on Phazer I had 100% confidence they knew how to ride within their limits.

Looks like under 12 is limitedly legal in MI;
Those under the age of 12:
• May not operate a snowmobile without direct supervision of an adult, except on property owned or controlled by the parent or legal guardian.
• May not cross a highway or street.

So I read that as my 6yo could operate the machine on the trails under my supervision, just not cross a road.
that last part would be a huge pain of course, and running across the highway on foot instead would be less safe.

12-16, sounds like it is in WI

Personally, I would look for some old enticer 250 and 300's or bravo 250. I have a sno scoot and my son road it last 2 winters. He liked it. This winter he was 7 and I left him try an enticer 300. He doesn't even want to ride the snoscoot anymore. I now have (4) 300's and 250's for less money than I have in the sno scoot and my nieces and nephews can have a ball riding with my kids when they come over.

My daughter just started riding a 50cc atv. Next winter my daughter will be 5 and debating on just starting her on the enticer 250 and getting rid of the scoot. If your kids have any riding experience then I wouldnt' hesitate to put them on the 250. I do like the sno scoot for someone that has never rode anything.

Personally, I would look for some old enticer 250 and 300's or bravo 250. I have a sno scoot and my son road it last 2 winters. He liked it. This winter he was 7 and I left him try an enticer 300. He doesn't even want to ride the snoscoot anymore. I now have (4) 300's and 250's for less money than I have in the sno scoot and my nieces and nephews can have a ball riding with my kids when they come over.

My daughter just started riding a 50cc atv. Next winter my daughter will be 5 and debating on just starting her on the enticer 250 and getting rid of the scoot. If your kids have any riding experience then I wouldnt' hesitate to put them on the 250. I do like the sno scoot for someone that has never rode anything.
I've got way too much crap going on to keep an antique running properly. I have thought about sticking a 200cc engine in an old fanner, but once again, too much crap going on.

got all 3 of the 8 year old nephews running around the yard on the old 78 et340 and my 97 et410. had to start them with a 9v battery taped to the back of the throttle a few years ago but now they are fine. the 78 et is not perfect as it keeps killing the battery for the e start and has a fuel drain back issue when it is not running enough but a booster pack and a windex bottle of gas get it going every time for the last 5 years for the use it is seeing. i just replaced the slide plastic for the 1st time in 10 years on it in its pre season. i think it went through 5 tanks of gas this year between all the kids. eyeing up a venom series sled to slide into this role when i deem that the et is done.

I have 4 kids. As they are mine and my wife's children, they are likely to be larger than average kids, If you go by the old adage that they will double their 2yo height, they will all be over 6'.

My oldest is 11 and 150 lbs, and who knows how much and turning 12 next season. My youngest is about to turn 6.
I know they are supposed to be for small adults as well, but my oldest is already bigger than many adults, height and weight. Is she already too big for one?
I'm trying to decide if we would get real use out of these big kid's machines or not?
would you guys trust a 12yo driving on the trails? do they handle off trail? or would they get stuck the second they leave my tracks?

Yes. Get the Venom (just not a first year lol). At that size and age they will only like the 200cc Scoot to trash in between trees doing side hilling. Which becomes expensive as it falls apart looking at it. The second they get on a bigger sled they enjoy the suspension, ergo, and ahum speed, better.

It would be their first time driving a sled, so the PV 400 single would be a bit much, and they would also outgrow that sled. it would just take a bit longer. I'm probably better off picking up a learning key 600 ACE based on what you are saying.

Probably see if I can get a ex rental touring sled for the Mrs. that the kids can learn on when ready, and maybe an equinox for the younger ones.

Last edited:
My 6 year old daughter is on her second season on a ZR200.
When she is in school, my wife (5`6 and 130lbs) tags along when I go for a ride and she prefers the 200 to her Yam540. Its not quick with her on it but she feels more comfortable and safe.
She has no problems covering a 50km ride of mix trail and off trail in an afternoon.

My 6 year old daughter is on her second season on a ZR200.
When she is in school, my wife (5`6 and 130lbs) tags along when I go for a ride and she prefers the 200 to her Yam540. Its not quick with her on it but she feels more comfortable and safe.
She has no problems covering a 50km ride of mix trail and off trail in an afternoon.
thanks. that helps.

Back