• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snow build up in tunnel?

The only problem is the largest flat pcs stays free of ice, the exhaust keeps the panal warm even hot where the pipe goes thru to top side of tunnel. The back area is made of several different pcs. rivited together so applying the film might not be so easy, check the picture in my earlier post to see what I mean. Something in a spray application might work best ???.

ktm010 said:
The only problem is the largest flat pcs stays free of ice, the exhaust keeps the panal warm even hot where the pipe goes thru to top side of tunnel. The back area is made of several different pcs. rivited together so applying the film might not be so easy, check the picture in my earlier post to see what I mean. Something in a spray application might work best ???.
I agree! What my thinking was, I am going to mount the plate on the tunnel protectors the full length of tunnel up to the front and then angle it back up so the exchanger is still exposed. Also would like to louvre it up front under the header so some heat can escape. I dont like the thought of totally closing that area off with seven gallons of gas right above it. Then apply PTFE to the plate and keep the edges, sides and rear a smooth transition so nothing want to hang to those areas. I can picture this in my head and have put it to paper, so now just need to start fabrication. :die

Wearlon Super F1 coating is $189.00 per gallon (220 sq ft coverage). It's water based so I can't get any shipped to Alaska before spring. Bummer. It looks promising. One gallon ought to do what...8 sleds even with a liberal waste factor? Under $25.00 a sled. And would weigh next to nothing. That's worth a try.

http://www.wearlon.com/Eice.htm

RowdyRoddy said:
A friend of mine used "Rust Check" spray on the tunnel of his vector and he said it helped stop the build up of ice. I think I'm gonna try this.

RR
I used Rust Check spray this week & all I got was a diffferent colored ice build up.I got to remove the tunnel protectors & hope for less surface for the ice to start on. :o| :o|

When racing motocross we use pam cooking spray to keep the mud from getting stuck up in the fenders, maybe that will work.

ice buildup

Schmidt bros have a blockoff plate that all but eliminates the ice and snow buildup so they say.59.99 May order one next week. :4STroke:

Re: ice buildup

garyw said:
Schmidt bros have a blockoff plate that all but eliminates the ice and snow buildup so they say.59.99 May order one next week. :4STroke:

The only one they have listed on their website is for the Phaser, nothing for the Nytro yet.

tunnel snow

Just installed this sheet metal in my tunnel. Rode with my race partner and he didn't have one. Unbelievable the difference, he had over 10 pounds of ice on the rear.....I had virtually none. Best 4.00$ I've spent on this sled.
Also was 38 below on our ride today and both of my fox floats lost there charge. Could not pump them up with the hand pump till I got them to warmer conditions. (Garage)!! They won't be our back up's for the race. Will be getting a set of Ohlin’s for back up's on the front. Too bad, I was really liking the ride of these fox floats on the SE.

Attachments

• tunnel 09 1.JPG
    tunnel 09 1.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 117
  • tunnel 09.JPG
    tunnel 09.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 98
Re: tunnel snow

nytro23 said:
Just installed this sheet metal in my tunnel. Rode with my race partner and he didn't have one. Unbelievable the difference, he had over 10 pounds of ice on the rear.....I had virtually none. Best 4.00$ I've spent on this sled.
Also was 38 below on our ride today and both of my fox floats lost there charge. Could not pump them up with the hand pump till I got them to warmer conditions. (Garage)!! They won't be our back up's for the race. Will be getting a set of Ohlin’s for back up's on the front. Too bad, I was really liking the ride of these fox floats on the SE.
What length of aluminum did u use?

Re: tunnel snow

landscape88 said:
nytro23 said:
What length of aluminum did u use?

width and length?

snow build up

20" x 12" attached at top of tunnel at the rear sloped down and attached on top of tunnel protectors forward position. You must take seat,muffler off to do this. Flat piece of sheet metal. Best money you'll spend on this sled.

Back