• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snow conditions in Houghoton, Marquette, or Munising?

loligager

Veteran
The rain killed our snow in the Fox Valley area so I need to head out to get some riding in. I was thinking Houghton, Marquette, or Munising. I've never been to Marquette or Munising. I am looking at the first weekend in Feb. Can anyone tell me how the snow is and how the trails are in those areas?

Thanks!

Trail #3 from houghton up wasn't to bad Friday, south was $hit 134 and 135 were marginal

Saturday from Houghton to Gogebic was good, Sunday was tough finding a decent trail. Rain in Houghton took its toll, but this week is supposed to be cold, and snow, snow, snow!!

Don't even THINK about Marquette or Munising unless we get quite a bit new snow.......the rain last day and a half killed whatever was left of the trails and they were already getting thin. I live 18 mi. south of Munising and I never see the ground all winter......until this one......I've got a big rectangular bare patch in the yard over the septic tank which never happens until April........usually :o|

Thanks for the updates fella's. Looks like Houghton will be the best bet two weeks out. Hopefully they get some cold and snow between now and then.

bigshow
how'd you like the bridge north of Gay. 2 foot wide by 1 foot deep wash out and no signs

wow, I am heading up there in 2 weeks. I hope things get better. Things don't sound too good.

I was riding in front of Maxdlx and DIDN'T get stopped at that bridge! Romped on it out of the road crossing and saw the bridge, slid up to it and wheelied across striking my left shoulder on the sign on the post. The railing clipped my handguard mirror. VERY poor marking! Asked the bartender in Gay and she said the groomers know about it. I stopped everyone heading that way to warn them.

The lake effect machine has started again after a 3 week hiatus. So we have 3 “and falling in houghton and more in Calumet. Hopefully more to follow.

yooper1 said:
The lake effect machine has started again after a 3 week hiatus. So we have 3 “and falling in houghton and more in Calumet. Hopefully more to follow.

It's about time you got that lake effect machine fixed up there. I'll be at the Ramada the 18th thru the 22nd.

John Dee's forecast is looking good for the north shore over the next 10 days. ;)!

Well, you have to call me and will have a couple of cocktails and do some riding. Hopefully the lake will be frozen to ride to my house for a dinner.

yooper1 said:
Well, you have to call me and will have a couple of cocktails and do some riding. Hopefully the lake will be frozen to ride to my house for a dinner.
Yea I figure between the 2 of us we can drink the Ramada try in about an hour or 2.

Back