• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SNOW TRACKERS

So I put on my Tuners with Snow-trackers to start off this season to give them a try. First day trails were freshly groomed from the night before and nice and hard packed. Tuners with Snow-trackers handled awesome. Few days later, went out in warmer conditions and the snow softened up quite a bit. I could not steer with tons of push! I went back and switched to my Curves with Slim Jims and the handling was back to where I could point and steer. Yes, the steering was a bit harder with the Curves, but not too bad. I really do like the Curves a lot!

I made an adjustment on the torsion springs to set them on 3, since I am about 230lb fully dressed, which I had set on 1 in the off-season by mistake. I had already changed back to the Curves when I made that change, so not sure if that would have helped in the loose snow or not. I just know, I was pushing (plowing) like crazy in the loose stuff with Tuners/snow-trackers. In the loose snow, my Curves handle amazing.

I don't want to give up on the tuners/snow-trackers, so I may put them on again during a warmer day to see if any of my suspension changes help take care of the push.
Changes in the suspension will definitely make a difference on how much down pressure you have on your skis, and whether they will push in the corners. I ran Tuners with Snow Trackers for 2,000 miles last year, and rarely (if ever) had them push in any conditions that I rode. I just put another 200 miles on the sled in varying conditions this weekend, and I am still very happy with the combination.

That having been said, if you have Curves and can get Trackers for them, is suspect that will be an awesome combination, and the Trackers will probably reduce your steering effort on the Curves as a bonus.

Changes in the suspension will definitely make a difference on how much down pressure you have on your skis, and whether they will push in the corners. I ran Tuners with Snow Trackers for 2,000 miles last year, and rarely (if ever) had them push in any conditions that I rode. I just put another 200 miles on the sled in varying conditions this weekend, and I am still very happy with the combination.

That having been said, if you have Curves and can get Trackers for them, is suspect that will be an awesome combination, and the Trackers will probably reduce your steering effort on the Curves as a bonus.
I am on my 3rd set of semi trackers on tuners. On Apex and SW.
I believe in them , and have watched how the tuner /tracker crowd is coming on board .
I just installed a brand new set on my SW after about 8000 + klms.
Went for my first ride of the year and they were not good .
Something is not right, or the same, in my suspension , as I had bad sag.
Any steering system needs a well set up suspension to perform optimally.
I have not looked under the sled yet but have my suspicions.
Tired torsion springs are a little % of the problem , but this didn't happen over the summer ! just ordered the 5 position cam adjuster from Star , to address this part of the problem.
When I received my sled back from the dealer , after axle replacement and swapping in a used version of my stock track , the transfer bar mod that I had done was put back to stock , as the bar was hitting the rear wheels ??? The track was used and should have stretched and I think it should have fit .
The other issue , is that when I hit the brakes aggressively , there is a louder than ever clunk underneath .
This , IMO , is the track too loose and the suspension slamming into the front slot. Anybody address this ?
Once i get the track tightness and the torsions reset with proper sag , that takes into account my tunnel bag and large Linq gas can , I am sure I will be back to normal .
IMG_1118.jpg
IMG_1119.jpg

Does it look like I should shim my skis , based on the wear pattern ?
That front suspension shock adjustment is critical .
Finding the difference between pogoing and too heavy steering is the art .
I compared my SW steering effort to my power steering of my 2015 XTX LE Apex , and am happy with the setting .

So I put on my Tuners with Snow-trackers to start off this season to give them a try. First day trails were freshly groomed from the night before and nice and hard packed. Tuners with Snow-trackers handled awesome. Few days later, went out in warmer conditions and the snow softened up quite a bit. I could not steer with tons of push! I went back and switched to my Curves with Slim Jims and the handling was back to where I could point and steer. Yes, the steering was a bit harder with the Curves, but not too bad. I really do like the Curves a lot!

I made an adjustment on the torsion springs to set them on 3, since I am about 230lb fully dressed, which I had set on 1 in the off-season by mistake. I had already changed back to the Curves when I made that change, so not sure if that would have helped in the loose snow or not. I just know, I was pushing (plowing) like crazy in the loose stuff with Tuners/snow-trackers. In the loose snow, my Curves handle amazing.

I don't want to give up on the tuners/snow-trackers, so I may put them on again during a warmer day to see if any of my suspension changes help take care of the push.
I run Curve XS skis with snow trackers...when it gets warm out and the sled starts pushing, set your front shocks to the #3 position for full stiff and you should be all set!

Back