• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowmobile Lift. Worth the cash?

MFC44

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
SR Viper LTX SE
Looking at purchasing a lift for my sled. With there being a multitude of choices any input or experience with them is appreciated.

I just got a sledez this year for the viper I love it it works really well. I comes with a wheel kit and an adaptor for a drill so there's no extras to buy. I would most certainly buy it again. I got it on eBay for 299 free shipping and it came in in under a week.
It comes powdercoated black and has a three year warranty

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
Sorry pics wouldn't work lets try again
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444575082.032291.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444575098.781619.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

For maintenance I love the lifts. I have one very similar to the pic. Nice for track work, greasing etc....easier on the back. I'm looking to get an actual lift from handy or harbor freight.

I have one that I have had for years. Saves your back if your doing anything that takes awhile. Worked well for what it was but it doesn't work with the viper. It raises the front very high with the back end still on the ground. No f'n way. I think it needs those extensions on the back like dirtbikekid has. Point is to do some checking before pulling the trigger as not all of them have that. (maybe they do now)

You want to take care using a cordless drill. It has the power but I can feel the cases swelling when lifting it up. Good way to destroy a good cordless drill. I put bolt head on it somehow and now use a 3/8" air ratchet.

I just use a craftsman lo/hi range cordless drill on lo it doesn't even bog or anything goes really smooth

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks for all the input and photos exactly what I am looking for.

I had one of the lifts pictured but bought a table instead. Much handier and can be used for bikes, atvs and such. I am actually looking to add a second table in my new garage.

Save yourself a hassle and pull the pin on the drive head and get a hardened steel pin and then put it all back together with JB weld when using impact or drill to raise and lower it you will snap that pin right off.

I have that one and another that I just got from WOT last season which is much heavier ad bot have snapped the pins while under the sled, a bitch to fix with the sled in the way.

Yes for the Viper you will have to add rear hinged bumpers with wider caps so it does not go through the floor board cut outs and lifts the back of the sled even with the front.

Put my Viper on my old Rec Lift today no issues.
I still hang the rear end from ceiling when removing the skid.
I see some tip to the right or non clutch side. Can we do this on our 4 strokes without an oil mess?

Back