• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowmobile trail GROOMING “ESSENTIAL”. Hope so.

yamadoo

Yamadoo is a snowmobile ' aholic'.
Country
USA
Snowmobile
15 Viper STX DX red/white- GPS and KING AIR suspension 4kmiles
13 Apex XTX 45 anniversary RED/WHITE/BLACK 3K miles
10 Vector LTX Blue 9kmiles
11 Venture GT 4k miles
86 SnoScoot(2) for grand kids
I truly hope and pray that snowmobile trail grooming will be funded and happen. I think we all know our MENTAL health, NEED to get out, just frustration in general will be less if we can RIDE.

I am hopeful as the hunting season, fishing seasons, Bike and Hike trails were all open and encouraged.

What do you guys think?
Will be riding more than lakes and ungroomed trails?
Anyone have any insight as to this aspect of our future?

I can't speak for everyone but here in WI(Oneida Co.)we get grooming funds from snowmobile reg. and trail passes. So as long as everyone keeps riding we will keep grooming. Land owners this year are a little different we are having more problems this year with land owners not renewing or waiting for the last minute to get back to us. There is a certain part were the land owner does not want us useing there property any longer and now we are scrambling trying to relocate the trail and the owner's of the new property we need to go on is taking there sweet time getting back to us. This is affecting a lot of things including getting are maps done. I respect every land owner out there that let use there property they are the ones that make or break the trail systems. The other thing is the off trail riding in the last couple of years is really pissing off some land owners. Just so every one knows there is no legal off trail riding on the Wi. trail system so just keep that in mind next time you jump off of a marked trail and go ripping across some farmer's field to lube your slides or cool down your motor on your new mountain sled.

Good to hear the funding is in place. I am so frustrated with people who don’t respect the land owners. Like you said, stay on trail, do not leave garbage on their property and keep the noise down -especially on TRAILS.

I have seen people cut fences repeatedly to ride open areas, what they don’t realize is it is a PASTURE and when the landowners livestock escapes its not only work for them to find, gather the livestock and fix the fence they are also liable for any and all damage the animals cause including car accidents. As much as I love snowmobiling that would push me over the edge.

Our club I grooming as usual. It was never a question. I’ll be finishing up some drag work next weekend. Then they are ready for snow.

Our club I grooming as usual. It was never a question. I’ll be finishing up some drag work next weekend. Then they are ready for snow.
Great to hear.

Back