• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowtacker semi aggressive vs aggressive on 2021

21GT

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
21 Ltx-gt
Hello everyone i just bought my first sidewinder 21 ltx it has the stryke skis on it. I'm going to the snowtracker runners but looking for input on the difference between the two. Most people I've talked to say to go with the aggressive over the semi aggressive. I'm also running no studs

Congrats on your new sled.. I’ve always went with the aggressive ones so I can’t answer your ? on the differences, but I hear the semi will push/under steer more in loose snow.
I’ve been using them since my 11 apex days with good results, I do get a bit of push in certain conditions on my winder but I think it can be work out with suspension tuning as I had no push with them on my apex.

Congrats on your new sled.. I’ve always went with the aggressive ones so I can’t answer your ? on the differences, but I hear the semi will push/under steer more in loose snow.
I’ve been using them since my 11 apex days with good results, I do get a bit of push in certain conditions on my winder but I think it can be work out with suspension tuning as I had no push with them on my apex.

Awesome thank you. I love the sled so far I've been reading alot your guys stuff on here. This place has a ton on info. The sled has really light steering and turns great in the corners. I just have some twitchy side to side motion in the straights. I cant speak on the old skis but the new Stryke skis seem to work great

Been running semi’s on curve skis for 2nd year now and love them but I will be going to aggressives next cause I am adding BOP powersteering.

I ended up ordering the Aggressive snowtrackers. Did you follow their suspension set up procedure on your sidewinder? As far as taking all the ski pressure off the skis? Or did you bolt them on and go?

X2 on what knappAttack said..
What I did was loosen my front shocks to about 1 turn of preload with front of sled off the ground, this will get your a arms level to the ground which most guys like to do, dealer had mine cranked up way to much. Centre spring I have about 1/4”-3/8”preload so it keeps the plushness in the bumps.
Everyone is different so your settings may be different to what you like, what I did was keep the centre shock locking collar just hand tight so you can just bend down on the trail and give it a turn by hand till you find the right spot for you than you can lock it down with the locking collar, don’t worry the spring won’t come loose with just the one collar, I have 5k on my sled and my locking collar is still only hand tight.
I’m 215 ish and find the rear spring on 2 to be good, 1 is also ok but will bottom hard if you hit a whole at high speeds.

Bolt them on, set toe to zero, set your suspension as a suspension for ride, not steering with them.
X2 here also! Although with the semis wearing down,I had to add some ski pressure. I am also fully studded.

Last edited:
Ran both for one season EACH on Cat skis. Not a fan of the aggressive. I tried to adjust for them but I’m not going back to them. I like the semi for sure. I have a set of aggressive (Cat skis)with 1000 miles on them for sale. I felt the aggressive have far more drag then I care for in a carbide. ALSO the back portion of my ski with aggressive is riding on the trail. Not sure how long the back of the skis would last. Both semi and aggressive seem to have a very slight search in them. In that I mean they search for other carbide tracks and then have a slight jump/dart to them when they hit these tracks. The aggressive especially do this. And yes I zeroed the toe and took all pressure off front. Everyone has a different feel in how a sled should feel (twitch) and act. They are both great products and both work for different riders.

Ran both for one season EACH on Cat skis. Not a fan of the aggressive. I tried to adjust for them but I’m not going back to them. I like the semi for sure. I have a set of aggressive (Cat skis)with 1000 miles on them for sale. I felt the aggressive have far more drag then I care for in a carbide. ALSO the back portion of my ski with aggressive is riding on the trail. Not sure how long the back of the skis would last. Both semi and aggressive seem to have a very slight search in them. In that I mean they search for other carbide tracks and then have a slight jump/dart to them when they hit these tracks. The aggressive especially do this. And yes I zeroed the toe and took all pressure off front. Everyone has a different feel in how a sled should feel (twitch) and act. They are both great products and both work for different riders.
Did you set your skis parallel when you installed to trackerst? I don't get any darting at all!!
I also tried both on cat single keel skis and found semi aggressive to push too much for my liking..

Did you set your skis parallel when you installed to trackerst? I don't get any darting at all!!
I also tried both on cat single keel skis and found semi aggressive to push too much for my liking..
Yes skis parallel. I’m not really speaking of darting as to me it’s more of a twitch especially the aggressive. I very seldom noticed on the semi but aggressive had this weird twitch going into other tracks. I don’t ride crazy hard into corners. They both are good.

Ohhh, if you ran them on a Cat ski I now completely understand your distaste for them.

I too have ran Aggressive trackers on a Cat ski. An as much as I love SnowTrackers they are NO GOOD on that Cat ski. I in fact, ran them on my old turbo Cat and also went away from them I hated them that bad. One ride with them on one trip and I was done with them.

I'd go as far as to call them dangerous on the Cat skis. I had a Cat here in the shop with them on and got a change to run them again. OMG I had a death grip on the bars, I'm going to call them unstable on them even. I cautioned the owner about how unstable they were and he went to the Doo ski with Trackers on the Doo ski.

I don't know if its because they are mounted too far forward or what, but I just know I don't like them on the Cat skis, but I know I LOVE them on the Doo skis on the Winder or a Doo. Best thing I've ever used for carbides, but would never say that on the Cat skis. I forgot how bad they were till I had that 9000RR in here earlier this season and ridding it with them on again.

Jonlafon I totally agree with what you said, I also get the twitch from time to time and the push/under steer. I’ve been running trackers since my 2011 apex and that sled used to rail the corners way better than my sidewinder does, I tried every possible suspension settings and it always feels the same with little affect, I’ve been thinking this a lot lately because I know how good trackers are and came to the conclusion that it’s the cat ski causing the issue and not making the tracker work like it’s supposed to.
Trackers need to lay flat on the ground to work properly, not the best pics but as you can see in the pic of my sled “red sled” the skis are angled up and on the other pic “srx” the skis sit level. That’s the issue why they don’t work like they should.
FF2BB77D-10D7-4CAF-88F9-9F4726E5E38C.jpeg
2EDC94AF-C24E-4C9B-8ACC-CB297F28C861.jpeg

Jonlafon I totally agree with what you said, I also get the twitch from time to time and the push/under steer. I’ve been running trackers since my 2011 apex and that sled used to rail the corners way better than my sidewinder does, I tried every possible suspension settings and it always feels the same with little affect, I’ve been thinking this a lot lately because I know how good trackers are and came to the conclusion that it’s the cat ski causing the issue and not making the tracker work like it’s supposed to.
Trackers need to lay flat on the ground to work properly, not the best pics but as you can see in the pic of my sled “red sled” the skis are angled up and on the other pic “srx” the skis sit level. That’s the issue why they don’t work like they should. View attachment 160336View attachment 160337

So are the new stryke skis on my 21 a better design than the Cat Skis that you guys are speaking of?

I have run semi aggressive trackers on my 2010 apex with VK skis for 4 seasons, best improvement I ever did to that sled! Now on my my new SW LTX GT I had the dealer put the same on that sled( Semi Trackers) and handled good from the start. Steering was a little light for my feeling. I adjust the rear to my weight with the spring blocks to middle for 240 lbs and now she really corners with no ski lift, no darting and easy steering. I run my QS3 shocks on two for best results for most trail conditions. I am running 144 pics in the rear. Hope this helps.

Back