• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowtrackers - trail or extreme

rooster67

I want to purchase a set of snowtrackers but am looking for feedback on the trail or extreme versions of snowtrackers? I am more of an aggressive driver if that makes any difference.

Go the Extremes. They just plain work. I run them on my pilots too!

Are the people recommending the Extreme's also studded?

I am running an unstudded 136" Rage and am wondering if the semi agressives would be better, or if the longer track would be enough to handle the Extreme's?

Also anyone notice any fuel mileage decrease? I presently have Deuce bars and they are harder on fuel.

Thanks

I run the Snowtracker extremes on a Apex LTX no picks. They work great as everyone is saying, no push, darting, steering is a breeze. I set my toe in/out at zero with sled on floor, no shims in ski bumpers either.

I do find that for early/late season riding in marginal conditions, the carbides do take a beating and wear quickly, especially on stones and road running, however the steel rectifier plate is hoding up remarkably well.
Oh, and it's all smiles and chuckles watching my buds on Apex with dual runners pay more for gas than I do sometimes as much as $3.00/fill! Cheers!

Apexallday! said:
I run the Snowtracker extremes on a Apex LTX no picks. They work great as everyone is saying, no push, darting, steering is a breeze. I set my toe in/out at zero with sled on floor, no shims in ski bumpers either.

I do find that for early/late season riding in marginal conditions, the carbides do take a beating and wear quickly, especially on stones and road running, however the steel rectifier plate is hoding up remarkably well.
Oh, and it's all smiles and chuckles watching my buds on Apex with dual runners pay more for gas than I do sometimes as much as $3.00/fill! Cheers!

Can you buy just the carbides to mount to the plate after they are wore out?
Are they a special carbide or will any work?

Yes you can but its hard to find a dealer that will. I think motovan sells just the carbide. Its a good bet that once the carbide is gone the whole package needs to be replaced.
Theirs also a guy on HCS thats probaly could just sell the carbide.
I would like to point out one thing with the extremes , Their are two models the old model and newer.
Last year i ordered a pair of extremesthat had wings in fronst and also in the rear. After nearly 3000 miles over alot of rough stuff i bought some new ones at royal distrubiting these are the old stock without the wings in the back also the steel on the plate isnt as ridgid as the newer model but they still work almost as well.

Back