• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

DMCTurbo

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder XTX LE 137
I'm running TD powertrail, ulmer primary spring, stm weights, stock secondary spring with a 35/39 dalton. I'm not sold on the reverse angle and feel there may be something better out there. In my SRX days we always ran 3 or 4 degrees higher than stock start to 3 or 4 degrees lower on finish. I know we only have one winter on these awesome machines but I'm thinking of trying a 39/33. Any thoughts?

I'm running TD powertrail, ulmer primary spring, stm weights, stock secondary spring with a 35/39 dalton. I'm not sold on the reverse angle and feel there may be something better out there. In my SRX days we always ran 3 or 4 degrees higher than stock start to 3 or 4 degrees lower on finish. I know we only have one winter on these awesome machines but I'm thinking of trying a 39/33. Any thoughts?
What weights are you running (60y)?
How are they setup?
What are the specs on ulmer spring?

I'm running TD max17 with heavy hitters and our secondary spring to remove coil bind and it rocks with 35/39 helix. 9.44 @ 138 mph 1/4 mile. I have 60y weights but haven't tried them in sidewinder. PM me and I'll help you get your setup better if you want. I ran those weights in my turbo viper with good results.

Last edited:
The stm weights are a new profile for turbo sleds 60YS. Not sure on the spring specs, it's shorter than the stocker. I'm running 2 washers in heel, 2 tungstens in tip. Stock secondary spring with 35/39 dalton shimmed. I just ordered the thunder products secondary spring. I'm swapping my track to a 1.25 with 192 Megabites, gearing up one tooth. Ran best of 110 gps with a 1.75 paddle track and stock 21/41 gearing on snow. Hoping to be in high 120s with the new track and gear on snow. I'm ok keeping this public so others can learn if your ok with that.

That looks like a flatter profile. Should be good for top end but will give up a little throttle response and quickness off the start. You might take a little out of tip and put some in mid to get rpms right again with the steeper helix. Our secondary spring will also help.

That looks like a flatter profile. Should be good for top end but will give up a little throttle response and quickness off the start. You might take a little out of tip and put some in mid to get rpms right again with the steeper helix. Our secondary spring will also help.[/
I'm going to keep things as is until I run with the new track, once I get a good comparison and see what gains I made with the gear and track I'll install the new secondary spring to see what gains if any are made then I'll try moving weight around. I''ll post what results I get... It's only September lol and I have clutching on my brain lol...

Who U calling an ulcer LMAO!!!!!!

The stm weights are a new profile for turbo sleds 60YS. Not sure on the spring specs, it's shorter than the stocker. I'm running 2 washers in heel, 2 tungstens in tip. Stock secondary spring with 35/39 dalton shimmed. I just ordered the thunder products secondary spring. I'm swapping my track to a 1.25 with 192 Megabites, gearing up one tooth. Ran best of 110 gps with a 1.75 paddle track and stock 21/41 gearing on snow. Hoping to be in high 120s with the new track and gear on snow. I'm ok keeping this public so others can learn if your ok with that.

That is one thing that Shagman and myself are open with is clutching. We don't race grass or ice and when we race asphalt we need to be as close as possible to our dial-ins as can be. Sure, we want to run as fast as we can, but we need to be spot on and consistent with clutching so we can go rounds. Best part of Shagman's setup is that I am 25 lbs heavier and when I took his sled for a test pass, it was only .010 slower in the 1/4 mile.

Your sled should be running 120's easy deekersrx700. Last season on snow my Sidewinder ran 135mph on trail 419 by Shagman's place. This was with 21/41 gearing and the 1.6 cobra track. That clutch setup is not working for you. You will want to keep that 35/39 for top end.

NOS, how much top end loss are we talking here with the 33/35 helix Compared to the 35/39?

That is one thing that Shagman and myself are open with is clutching. We don't race grass or ice and when we race asphalt we need to be as close as possible to our dial-ins as can be. Sure, we want to run as fast as we can, but we need to be spot on and consistent with clutching so we can go rounds. Best part of Shagman's setup is that I am 25 lbs heavier and when I took his sled for a test pass, it was only .010 slower in the 1/4 mile.

Your sled should be running 120's easy deekersrx700. Last season on snow my Sidewinder ran 135mph on trail 419 by Shagman's place. This was with 21/41 gearing and the 1.6 cobra track. That clutch setup is not working for you. You will want to keep that 35/39 for top end.
135mph 21/41 gearing. ?
Do you have a BRP cluster on your sled?:eek:

I am running 41-37 on my sled. Best top speed 191km/h gps, speedo 199km/h. (Out off gear). Ecu stock, stock track 96studs

Last edited:

good to change that paddle track ...im sure isnt helping you any I bet....and the secondary spring will help too

^^^thunder has them now...and Dalton in Canada will any day also...

byam 41/37 or 37/41? whats your whole clutch setup and state of tune?

Back