• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

So I heard "It's a done deal " Yamaha owns AC sleds

DGZRT

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Vector shorty, 17 Shitdoo 1200X, 2000- pullmyass-340 for Grandkids
So I heard this morning that Yamaha is buying the Arctic Cat Sled Division . I have checked everywhere an no news to Verify it has really happened. With the law suit in Canada Who knows ??

Any one else heard anything ??

Your the first I’ve heard say that since the law suit info came out ......where did you hear it???

If this is true..... GOOD!

Maybe there will finally be some quality control around that place, and better design of common failed components. And, maybe not either. Comfort creates complacency.

Never heard that one, i'm sure there will be a some sort of a briefing to their costumers if true, I didn't think Textron had it for sale.

Your the first I’ve heard say that since the law suit info came out ......where did you hear it???

A gentlemen from an Arctic Cat dealer . I don't know if its true for certain. I've checked everything I could before posting. I'm hoping someone can confirm and I hope it's true !

I think that would be good if it's true for all the reasons theCATman listed above but Yamaha would need to get serious about sleds again to make it happen. It will take a lot more then new skis and BNG to get a bigger slice of the pie. Not sure the return is there to justify the investment at this point in time. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we don't loose any brands as a lack of competition only slows innovation and improvement in the sport.

I think that would be good if it's true for all the reasons theCATman listed above but Yamaha would need to get serious about sleds again to make it happen. It will take a lot more then new skis and BNG to get a bigger slice of the pie. Not sure the return is there to justify the investment at this point in time. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we don't loose any brands as a lack of competition only slows innovation and improvement in the sport.
Well said.

A gentlemen from an Arctic Cat dealer . I don't know if its true for certain. I've checked everything I could before posting. I'm hoping someone can confirm and I hope it's true !
This would have much more credibility if from a Yamaha dealer since they have been on the cusp of ending snowmobile sales for many years. An AC dealer would be in the disaster zone if Yamaha did buy the snow division from Textron. Yamaha has zero ties to any AC dealer so those dealers could be out of the snow business if Yamaha purchased the snow division. For an AC dealer to calmly spill the beans would be highly unlikely. We all want Yamaha to purchase the snowmobile division from Textron but it just hasn’t happened. Why would Yamaha want to buy AC especially with the recent findings of the Canadian Federal Court? Imo Yamaha buying AC is less likely now and Yamaha would have to live with the lawsuit settlement. Best guess is this gentleman was having some fun at your expense.

This would have much more credibility if from a Yamaha dealer since they have been on the cusp of ending snowmobile sales for many years. An AC dealer would be in the disaster zone if Yamaha did buy the snow division from Textron. Yamaha has zero ties to any AC dealer so those dealers could be out of the snow business if Yamaha purchased the snow division. For an AC dealer to calmly spill the beans would be highly unlikely. We all want Yamaha to purchase the snowmobile division from Textron but it just hasn’t happened. Why would Yamaha want to buy AC especially with the recent findings of the Canadian Federal Court? Imo Yamaha buying AC is less likely now and Yamaha would have to live with the lawsuit settlement. Best guess is this gentleman was having some fun at your expense.

I would agree. With the lawsuit not likely and if the deal was in the works pre lawsuit I would think the lawsuit killed it.

Sooooo, since arctic crap cant sell sleds in Canada, where does the leave Yamaha? Since their sleds are procross, seems they would be in the same boat?

Sooooo, since arctic crap cant sell sleds in Canada, where does the leave Yamaha? Since their sleds are procross, seems they would be in the same boat?

Well hypothetically speaking, if Yamaha were to buy AC and change the name to Yamaha sleds. Does that void the ruling since they are no longer AC. Maybe the legal experts can chime in on this one.

Back