• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

So is this

croc79 said:
justinkredible56

My mother inlaw lives in Mantua. I'll be there from April Sat 8- Wed 13. Do any of these days work for you? How long have you lived in Logan? I went to USU for my undergrad. I love Cache Valley.

Jordan
I'm sure we can make something work out. I'm originally from Idaho but I've come up here to go to USU also. Been in the Valley for about 3 years and know a lot of area but have friends that know even more.

kimoajaj said:
I wonder if they rode the Nytro with the stock shock / ski distance.

I think it handles much better with the skis in the most narrow position and less pressure in the front shocks.

I cant tell you why but I am 100% sure I would have made a higher highmark if I rode the Nytro =P

Something aint right!!!

I've put an attack 20 162 on mine and an AAEN header and exhaust and worked the kinks out with my clutching. In Island Park we had a 700 dragon 163 with a can (rider weighed about 120lbs)and a 800 rev xp 154 with clutching and a can (rider weighed about 150lbs) and my 09 nytro (I weigh 285 completely naked). We had a highmark competition specifically to test the sleds against each other. I was 15 feet below the xp and 8 feet below the dragon....that's with ME riding it along with a extra gas can on the tunnel.

I think the nytro is more competitive than people think, it will NOT highmark the two strokes naturally aspirated but I don't think it gets the credit it deserves.

That's funny my wife's best friend moved to rockland about a year ago. From what I hear that is a pretty small town. Do you know Ladd perman?

hugger70mtnmax said:
That's funny my wife's best friend moved to rockland about a year ago. From what I hear that is a pretty small town. Do you know Ladd perman?
Haha small world...my name is justin permann, ladd is my cousin and I work on our farm with him during the summer!

wow really surprised the nytro did that poorly.
Rockland lol can it be considered a town ? I haven't been there for 10 years but sure was glad i filled up in American falls cause the gas station is gone and i didn't have my debit card for the Sinclair pump

adrenaline junkey said:
wow really surprised the nytro did that poorly.
Rockland lol can it be considered a town ? I haven't been there for 10 years but sure was glad i filled up in American falls cause the gas station is gone and i didn't have my debit card for the Sinclair pump

haha with a population of 318 it's hard to believe it is a town! You nailed it on the head it's not a gas stations it's a gas "pump" :)

Last year (or maybe the year before) SnoWest did a switchback course as a part of their deep snow shootout - the Nytro finished first or second and shocked them (timed event). My guess is that the riders that did that video do no have enough seat time on a stock Nytro to know how to ride it and use the powerband through the trees.

Or maybe they were referring to trail handling in the comparison.

I don't understand why Yamaha just doesn't put good skis, track, turbo and take off 50 lbs at the factory to make it as nimble as the 2 strokes. Oh yeah, because it would cost $25,000.

Ruckus said:
I don't understand why Yamaha just doesn't put good skis, track, turbo and take off 50 lbs at the factory to make it as nimble as the 2 strokes. Oh yeah, because it would cost $25,000.

This exactly what Yamaha should be doing......and if they were smart they would do it, or they're really going to be left behind. As for costing that much money.....it doesn't add up. It is easy to drop 30 lbs. right off the bat by using a lighter skid and drop brackets. Stock skid...68 lbs. Drop brackets 9.2 lbs. A better track does not cost extra money. Cat has already proven that a turbo doesn't have to cost much extra either. You don't see them building their bikes the way they do their sleds.

Back