• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

So what happens at these TY rides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleddheadd

TY 4 Stroke God
how do things work when you guys get together? does everyone ride in one group or do you make plans for different riding styles, maybe different groups or do you just hang out at the end of the day and share stories?
my wife and i are going to try to make one of these rides this year, hopefully the 1st muni ride.
so how bout some stories!! :Rockon:

If you go to the main TY page (www.totallyamaha.com) you will see some pics and info about past TY rides under the "TY photo area" button on the left side of the screen.
Ive never been on a TY ride, but from what Ive read on there its just a group of cool people who get together to ride their sleds and have fun.

I went to the two Muni rides last year, and like Octane said it alot of really cool people! Groups split up and went different directions, a good mix of riders in each. We did some on and off trail riding, hill climbing and even a little drag racing. Oh yeah, and a lot of bull shitting!!lol
At the end of the day we would meet in the Garage/game room and drink some beer and bull chit some more!!
We also took turns bringing in sleds to fine tune or repair any damage from the day. Theres a lot of knowlegable people there who always seem to lend a helping hand.
I would definitly recommend making it to one of the trips.

Attachments

• 100_0465 (Medium).JPG
    100_0465 (Medium).JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 446
  • 100_0491 (Medium).JPG
    100_0491 (Medium).JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 461
there is a no drinking policy, one drink only. tom is the one with the dregs in the tank top. hi tom.

bottoms up

Attachments

• image001.JPG
    image001.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 450
TY Rides are a must..... my wife and i attended one two years ago and were hooked..... let me tell a quick little story....

we headed out fri morning for a ride with the group... about 5 miles out of muni my drive bearing went caput.... we drug it back, the group went riding, i went and got parts, got the sled into the garage at alger, when the group got back we went to work (or should i say, they went to work, im not the best in depth sled mechanic out there), and about an hour later the viper was ready to ride....

had my wife and i went up to the UP alone, we would have loaded up on sat moorning, and headed for home..... thanks again mr sled and fam.....

TY RIDES ARE A MUST!!!!!!

ty rides are a must...it puts faces to all the names on here

i've been on 4 or 5 ty rides and have enjoyed everyone of them. i do have to say that muni was one of the better ones-conditions werent the best but man the garage is what its all about. i do have to say the best conditions for riding was mid december of 05 in hancock michigan...awesome amounts of snow to play in. but there is one thing bad bout ty rides...is when everyone heads home...but when u get home u can talk about the ride on here and share pictures

Here's a couple of shots from the Manitoba TY ride like "onlyblue" stated if your sled breaks anyone that can pitches in from getting parts to finding a warm shop and doing all the mechanical stuff if you don't know how! (like me.) I had starting problems this year with a frozen starter after sitting out all night i walked into the lounge area at the hotel and asked for help dragging the sled into the trailer so i could put some heat on it. Four guys jumped up walked outside and before i could even grab a hold of the bumper they had it up in my trailer. It's very comforting when your far from home to know you have a group of guys and girls that will do anything in there power to get you back on the trail for the next day's ride. ANYONE that does'nt go on one of these rides is missing out on an awesome experience. I'd never been to Canada before, last year was the 2nd annual Manitoba ride i've been to both and plan to again this year it's a fantastic way to visit other states and countries and meet some great people with very similar interests.

Attachments

• shack.jpg
    shack.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 459
  • TOM-Charlie.jpg
    TOM-Charlie.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 422
  • sleds.jpg
    sleds.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 443
  • thegroup.jpg
    thegroup.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 482
Just ask Viper Dave how quick his sled was fixed at the Manitoba ride the parts were ordered and a few went to pick them up met at a warm garage and I think 90 minutes later his sled was done and ready to go. You are missing out if you dont come out to the TY rides plain and simple. :jump:

YESSIR!!! I have had nothing but great experiences at TY rides. First yr. I meet NosPro in the parking lot. Sledder Steve pulls up, and th enext thing I know , I am boondocking in the DARK!!!! Jumping log piles, watching Steve do a little MODification to his sled. Any and all who ae even THINKING about a ride ANYWHERE, DO IT!!!! Made many solid friends through this site and the TY rides ;)!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back