• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

So what happens at these TY rides?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have made the last few years at the hancock/houghton ride in michaga..

WHAT A BLAST...... awsome trails.. awsome comrodery..

the best was two years ago when the guys from TY did kariokee

Another TY ride memory!
Its good to keep your NOS cool when not in use!!!

Attachments

• Keeping our NOS cool.jpg
    Keeping our NOS cool.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 432
Yeap, those statements sound great. I to am looking forward to meeting some of the peaple I have talked to on this site or the phone. I hope to make atleast two rides this season. Hope to meet alot of you this year. It's getting sort of close. LOL

-Vince

wow, thanks for all the input!!! sounds like a blast!!!
i do have to agree with the nop drinking policy !!! :drink: 4 years ago i was riding with a buddy in bergland , we went to the root cellar for dinner and rode back to bergland to park the sleds. now i had 4 beers with dinner in about an hours time, my buddy is smaller than me and had about 6 or so,not really sure. any way dnr stopped us, in bergland, said they smelled alcohol and gave us the sobriety test. try doing that when its -20* out and the wind is whipping down those railroad tracks. i blew a .040 and my buddy blew a .079 both of us were below michigans legal limit of .100 at that time . :o| they threw us in jail for the night and charged us both with dui's. we had to hire a lawyer which cost us $1500 a piece only to have the prosecuting attorney throw both cases out.
therefore i will not touch a drop of anything until my sled is parked!! no more chances on those jack asses ruining my vacation just to play thier stupid, political, barney fithe(fife ?) games!!
sorry bout that but i feel better now :tg:

i can't wait for this year and really look forward to meeting everyone on the muni ride!

sleddheadd said:
wow, thanks for all the input!!! sounds like a blast!!!
i do have to agree with the nop drinking policy !!! :drink: 4 years ago i was riding with a buddy in bergland , we went to the root cellar for dinner and rode back to bergland to park the sleds. now i had 4 beers with dinner in about an hours time, my buddy is smaller than me and had about 6 or so,not really sure. any way dnr stopped us, in bergland, said they smelled alcohol and gave us the sobriety test. try doing that when its -20* out and the wind is whipping down those railroad tracks. i blew a .040 and my buddy blew a .079 both of us were below michigans legal limit of .100 at that time . :o| they threw us in jail for the night and charged us both with dui's. we had to hire a lawyer which cost us $1500 a piece only to have the prosecuting attorney throw both cases out.
therefore i will not touch a drop of anything until my sled is parked!! no more chances on those jack asses ruining my vacation just to play thier stupid, political, barney fithe(fife ?) games!!
sorry bout that but i feel better now :tg:

i can't wait for this year and really look forward to meeting everyone on the muni ride!

Those two officers may have saved both your lives plus the lives of other snowmobilers who were riding the same trails that day. In a weird kind of way you should almost thank them!

honestly, i could see your point if we were both drunk and if we were, we would have deserved it!!! we were not riding aggressively 25mph. in town and stopped at stop signs! 1 block from our hotel, they saw 2 guys on new sleds wearing leather suits and saw the dolar signs$$$ . if we were ripping through town being obnotious , like i have seen other guys do, i encourage them to get pulled over! and in that area i would guarentee that about 65-75% of the riders have been drinking! if not more... but really they were looking for someone to pick on and we were the ones, i know foor a fact that we were not in any way capable of killing ourselves or anyone else! i am also a firm believer in knowing your limits and being able to uphold them.

Sorry but I beg to differ if you had 4 beers in an hour you were both over the limit or would have been given 20 more minutes time and a hazard to yourself and everyone else on the trail. The last two beer were not even in your system yet. When riding a sled one beer is too many in my books and I applaud the officers who caught you guys in the act. Sorry bud but I dont feel sorry you guys. I ride the trails too straight sober and so do my wife and kids no different than our highways. Like I said before you should thank them for a life lesson but it would seem you have not learned yours yet. :drink: If you want to discuss this subject any further lets start a new thread we are getting off the main subject header on this thread.

the important thing is that i did learn my lesson and i will not consume any alcohol before or during a ride. alcohol affects every person differently according to thier hieght, wieght, gender, muscle mass and food consumption. i do know my limits and would never put any one elses life in danger. i was slightly impaired that evening but not drunk and my riding style is never that agressive. i follow all rules both on the trail and on the road. i do not believe it is fair for you to say that i was a danger to any one or myself, those are pretty strong words. it seems you are trying to make me look like a bad person, which i am not.this started as a little note to explain to people how i agree with the no drinking policy and that was all. as i stated i did learn my lesson and now consume no alcohol when riding , not even at the end of day when i have to ride back after a nice dinner, wait till the keys are out of the sled! i appoligize for offending anyone!

sleddheadd said:
the important thing is that i did learn my lesson and i will not consume any alcohol before or during a ride. alcohol affects every person differently according to thier hieght, wieght, gender, muscle mass and food consumption. i do know my limits and would never put any one elses life in danger. i was slightly impaired that evening but not drunk and my riding style is never that agressive. i follow all rules both on the trail and on the road. i do not believe it is fair for you to say that i was a danger to any one or myself, those are pretty strong words. it seems you are trying to make me look like a bad person, which i am not.this started as a little note to explain to people how i agree with the no drinking policy and that was all. as i stated i did learn my lesson and now consume no alcohol when riding , not even at the end of day when i have to ride back after a nice dinner, wait till the keys are out of the sled! i appoligize for offending anyone!

I am not trying to make you look like a bad person whatsoever and I hope you come to the Manitoba ride so we could meet and ride together it really is a blast. I am just dead set against the whole drinking and driving or riding a sled is all bud not out to make you look bad. ;)! ;)!

we're cool brother!!! thanks for the p.m. ;)!
wish i could make the manitoba ride this year but the wifes vacation time won't allow it. next year for sure!! she gets 10 extra days then and we are planning on a canada trip. might as well go with the ty group, then we have someone to show us around!! and won't get us in trouble by drinking!! :rofl:

Sno-Xr said:
I went to the two Muni rides last year, and like Octane said it alot of really cool people! Groups split up and went different directions, a good mix of riders in each. We did some on and off trail riding, hill climbing and even a little drag racing. Oh yeah, and a lot of bull shitting!!lol
At the end of the day we would meet in the Garage/game room and drink some beer and bull chit some more!!
We also took turns bringing in sleds to fine tune or repair any damage from the day. Theres a lot of knowlegable people there who always seem to lend a helping hand.
I would definitly recommend making it to one of the trips.[/quot

Dave,
there is rich to tell you after you have your sled half torn down that you are out of gas. dam that sucks.

Oh, the pictures are back..........

The TY rides are top notch, and the people are great! (or is it, the Ty rides are great, and the people are top notch................)

Oh well, can't go wrong either way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back