• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

So who has one ordered? and what are you doing to it?

SRXSRULE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Blue one on the way for me. No big mods planed for this one. Trying to get back to the simple life ;) Just going to take a little weight off it. maybe lite weight front end, take off the sway bar and do something with the exhaust. Other then that I'm just going to ride it. ===SRXSRULE===

Ive getting one also,not sure which color,im going to see them in west yellowstone in a couple weeks and yamaha is setting up a ride so ill decide after that. as far as mods probly some lightweight parts the first year,supercharger after that.

Ordered a candy red Mt. Going to put my Bender turbo on it and call it good. I think that it will be a big improvement on my 03. I love that sled also.

If I go for it, it will be the red one and hoping to remove as much weight as possible off the sled! One thing I would do is relocate/replace the battery like I did on my warrior. Planning to keep my 04 Warrior if I can ($$$)

I hope to ride one this weekend - probably will not snow-check one right now. I'll wait until the fall/winter to pick one up (the wife and I are building a new house this summer). Every report I have read has been very positive, and the guys at TJ's Yamaha in Alpine Wyoming are very impressed based on the seat time they have had so far.

Tmk50, Lucky you! Let us know your impressions!

I am trying to make it work - the timing for the demo is not the best for me, this is the weekend we are taking the in-laws and other family up to the cabin and renting sleds for them (17 of us is the last count we had). I hope to be able to break away for an hour or two with my brother in law to ride over to where they will have the Apex (20-25 mile ride). I am also hoping that the snow starts falling this week so that we have some powder to ride in this weekend! (keeping my fingers crossed)

viperbusa said:
Ordered a candy red Mt. Going to put my Bender turbo on it and call it good. I think that it will be a big improvement on my 03. I love that sled also.

Being efi and a whole new design will your turbo work? I thought about it also but sounds like there is more too it than just bolt it on. From the pics I have seen(will see it in person at the big iron shootout) there is little to no room for the intercooler because of new hood and now fuel mapping etc .

Then again I`m no expert just going on whats been passed around the turbo forum.

1 03 rx-1 159 with mc-xpress turbo and liteweight everything for sale.....its very hard for me to sell this sled ,but the apex looks good too!! :yam:

ken_climb said:
1 03 rx-1 159 with mc-xpress turbo and liteweight everything for sale.....its very hard for me to sell this sled ,but the apex looks good too!! :yam:

My dealer just so happened to have a demo in his shop when I brought in my downpayment today , May get to ride it this weekend In the mountains , I'll have the camera ! :Rockon:

Apex Mountain Order

We are ordering an Apex Mountain with MPI supercharger. Plan to add lightweight parts later in the season or next year. After riding some blown Rx1's in the Ruby Mountains near Elko, Nevada, I was totally mesmerized. The climbing ability with even modest amounts of boost was amazing. They smoked my well-tuned, lightweight 1M with a 1010 and Cutler carbs. My sled has a 162x16x2.5, Van Amburg tunnel, Diamond S hood , HRP a arms , titanium springs, lighter-weight skid and a Boss seat. Our naturally-aspirated sleds were no match for boost at 10,000+ feet. We're ordering a red sled. I may have to change my name aftr this season!

Welcome to the dark side, tewstroke. Maybe I'll actually see another 4-stroker, other than mine, in the hills of Washington State.

I am very interesteded in the MPI supercharger, but have yet to see a sled running one. There doesn't seems to be much experience with them, even on this site.

Back