• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

So who ordered a New Venom or Transporter?

Awesome! I ordered Venom Mountain. We both will get these setup for sure good to know your on board Travis!

just bought 16 apex xtx 2 years ago, so no new sled for me yet lol. if i was buying, i would be buying a transporter lite as betsy and the vk are getting long in the tooth.

will be interested in what you come up with for these sleds.

just bought 16 apex xtx 2 years ago, so no new sled for me yet lol. if i was buying, i would be buying a transporter lite as betsy and the vk are getting long in the tooth.

will be interested in what you come up with for these sleds.

With an MPS kit and throttle limiter I may try to put my 7 year old on it. I never got to see one in person yet so not sure how realistic this may be. I spend hours on our scoot in marginal snow pulling kids on sleds so thinking maybe a rad and fan kit would be ideal. This could be appealing on transporter lite when used for utility.

well for the 7 yr old nephew, i had to put a ball of tape behind the throttle on the old et340 as he was sliding it around the corners in the yard with the throttle pinned. another guy i know tapes a AA battery behind on his kids throttle.

Got one coming for the wife, the sx that is and cant wait too try it myself. Should be fun for running around to the store and chores . Exploring some old trails that have been closed due to swamps not frozen and the likes .

Lucky for you! Was told December til I will see mine!
Well I guess shipped doesn’t mean much. Still no sled. See the cat version is at dealers now though!
AFEAC6A4-B214-4F2B-8F62-6D96C5038351.jpeg

Travis

How did the 7 year old make out on the transporter. Mine handles it very well awesome little sled for kids handles Like the Chinese phantom 250 I started my boys out on after they were done on the 120 ‘s. Pre snoscoot. Without all the fixing

I found one in Cody and bought it. I'm not a strong rider but first day out I was doing deep powder near Big Sky and having a ball! This is going to be fun....

In February I bought an SX Venom. Cost under $8,500 with added mid height windshield and a trunk/luggage bag for behind the seat. Didn't get the windshield or trunk for two months. Back order due to covid. Couldn't get a front bumper at all ? Will add a Cat pro climb bumper soon after I sandblast and re color it silver to match the rear bumper and steering uprights. Had Cat or Yamaha produced this sled with a four stroke engine like the YZ 450 or the discontinued Phazer engine I'd never have bought one. Just not interested in four stroke powered sleds. Started out looking for a Cat Blast ZR in the interest of supporting Arctic Cat who seems to be heading downhill in recent years but simply couldn't acquire one. Only one I could stand next to, check out and sit on was a red LT that was sold. It went from Wisconsin to a New York buyer. Didn't even realize Yamaha made the same sled until a friend told me. The Yamaha is far better looking than the Cat versions in my opinion but had a Blast been available I'd own one ugly duckling or not. Local dealer had two Venoms I could check out. After talking numbers with them and sleeping on it a couple nights I went and bought one. The second Venom was sold by the day I picked mine up and two was all that dealer was getting for 2021. Up to now the newest sled I'd ever owned is a 1982 Kawasaki. Have ridden plenty of new stuff both two and four stroke. Sure they're great but cost as much as my good used daily transportation does. That I could get a new snowmobile which weighed under 500 pounds and had 65 horsepower for $8,000 appealed to me. It looked nice, had electric start and reverse to boot. Pretty good bang for the buck to my thinking. As I mature I'm wanting to spend more time riding putting on more miles while spending less time on maintenance and upkeep. I'm a vintage guy at heart with a strong inner child who loves riding my old 1970 Yamaha SS 396. It reminds me of my youth and all the hours and miles I spent riding on my Dad's 1970 SS 338 as a boy. Anytime I ride it I feel 13 again which makes me very happy. It's not however a machine I can ride thousands of miles each winter without doing a lot of periodic checks and maintenance. This Venom seemed like a nice opportunity to ride more in better comfort while putting in less time on upkeep so I ran with it. Wow am I impressed with this machine. Love it. Feel like a kid when riding it. Happy to own it. The experience takes me some getting used to. It's more like riding an atv or motorcycle. When I get too throttle happy it can lift a ski giving me cause for concern or get out of shape but then it settles down to reassure me everything is gonna be okay. It's well mannered and forgiving if you push things. Many others on this forum who also bought a Venom have had negative experiences regarding issues with it not performing well. I really do feel for them and hope they can get help resolving these issues to enjoy their Venoms. The one thing on the machine I dislike is the thumb lever for the throttle. For my hand size and grip on the handlebar it's just not comfortable to me. I especially don't like it when I get throttle happy or ride aggressively when turning left is involved. Will try rotating it up or down slightly, moving it left or right a little on the handlebar to see if it can be made better ? Or maybe I'll just adapt and get used to it if it's me that needs to change ? Also not crazy about that stiff plastic snow flap sticking out off the rear anytime I go to lift up the rear to move it to either side but all new machines have this so I just need to adapt. Everything else is amazing to me. Yes I've seen some code flash on the display. It came and went so quickly I couldn't tell you the number but suspect it's the one for the knock sensor that others have seen. There were also a few times it sputtered and bucked which I wasn't impressed with. It hasn't ever quit running or made me walk. Having ridden 1973 Yamaha SR 292 and 1973 Thunderjet 295 race sleds with dyno proven 70 horsepower this Venom engine thoroughly impresses me. Especially being it's stock with a warranty. It's a little fire breathing monster. The full race 292 reed inducted Yamaha has very little on this Venom. If traction is good, like just after sunrise on a cold day when the snow crunches as you walk on it. If I punch it from a dead stop it will carry the skis up to 50 mph. Generally it's a little rocket up to 50 all the time. From 50-70 mph the 500 and up twins will pull away. Flat out on a groomed trail mine went past the radar gun at 69-70 mph five times back to back. On the shipping scale at work it weighs 478 pounds with full gas and injector oil. Quite light to my thinking for a new sled. The low fly screen windshield mine came with offers no wind protection whatever. I much prefer the mid height one. There's also an even taller one available if you like. The electric start is excellent and I love it along with the reverse. Also like it has a recoil as a back up in case the electric failed. Sure beats walking. The hand/thumb warmers work very well. Maybe too well. I don't seem to need them on often. Mine is getting plenty oil as the injector tank light low level came on the display before I'd used 3/4 of my first tank of fuel. It also smokes enough after starting while I wait for the low coolant temp light to go away before taking off. I'm happy to put oil in rather than wear out the engine prematurely. Have used Yamalube, Klotz, Cat APV, Polaris VES and Amzoil. All seem to work fine. Never any ethanol in my fuel. 91 or better premium only. I truly struggle to drive this thing without the throttle pinned. It's just so fun and really rips. All the time I find myself letting off to slow down just so I can pin it to feel the rush again. The thing is a hoot to ride. In February when I got mine I let everyone who wanted to try it ride it that approached me asking about it. They all liked it. Teenage boys and girls, grandparents, friends they all liked it. Only negative comment I got was from a guy getting off his new turbo SRX who looked it over and scoffed "useless" before he headed into the tavern. So that's my experience with or half baked review of the 2021 SX Venom with a 121" track. I say you only live once and this life ain't a rehearsal so if you're thinking about a reasonably priced new sled try out the Venom. Find someone like myself who'll let you try theirs or test ride one at a dealer. Never know you just might like it ? I know I do.

I ordered a new 2022 Transporter lite and received it. Still waiting on the bumper but all other accessories came in. I like it but would be interested in hearing if others looked into upgrading the shocks? I see artic cat ZR have same shocks but fox oil ones, could i buy those and install?

I ordered a new 2022 Transporter lite and received it. Still waiting on the bumper but all other accessories came in. I like it but would be interested in hearing if others looked into upgrading the shocks? I see artic cat ZR have same shocks but fox oil ones, could i buy those and install?
Yes. There is even a list here somewhere.

Back