• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Soft Seat

I agree Sharky. I have an 07 Attak with marshmallow like seat. WAY TOO SOFT. Im sinkin so low my nads are roastin on the exhaust pipes. Fabric was stretching and wrinkled after only 1,000 miles in first season (this year) and wont return to original form. Looks like a Shar-Pei puppy! I wondering if Yamaha would warranty this dog as it looks awful and should'nt be stretched like it is.

I would be open to a firm fix here also.

[/img]

The cheapest and easist way would be to just soak them in water and let it freeze, then you will have a hard seat. :tg:
Sorry guys I could not resist.
I really like the seat on my attak, it is just right.
Rich :jump:

Shark I'm an custom upholster of 35 years On the Cape. I'm in NH now but go down there all the time getting and doing automotive,boats,etc. and if you want to save money go to an upholster and buy firm foam of good quality and put it in your self. WalMart's don't have good foam. It'll flatten right out. Go limp. Take the old foam in to compare..There is lot's of frim,extra firm foam out there. Depends on what you have now and what you want.

Take the seat over off measure how thick and long the foam is. You can glue the foam into a block that can be cut down to shape with an electric knive..(turkey carver) Put a piece of Dacron from Walmart on it to hide any cut marks. Pull seat back to orignal place and staple back down.

Use the carver to take the old foam off if it's glued to the plastic. Run the knice along the seat were the foam meets it. If you try to pull it off it will rip if it's glued good. Sort of a scalping action..Use the old foam piece as a guide or save to put back in case you change your mind.

Use 3M Fabric and Foam Cement to glue foam together and dacron to foam.

Simple just some carving skills. I'm going to shape mine out to make it longer and wider at back. I'm tall and hit the plastic stop inside just befoe the storage flap..

Any questions just ask..

A-1 in New Lothrup does all our race seats and Diane firmed up my ATTAK seat with 2-inches of firm foam.She said there was enough fabric on it from the factory ,that she did not even have to add fabric just the firmer foam. I love the extra height and firmer-juuuussst riiiight.

jjaredco said:
A-1 in New Lothrup does all our race seats and Diane firmed up my ATTAK seat with 2-inches of firm foam.She said there was enough fabric on it from the factory ,that she did not even have to add fabric just the firmer foam. I love the extra height and firmer-juuuussst riiiight.
Got a website or phone number? I don't want taller,just firmer.

CaptCaper said:
Shark I'm an custom upholster of 35 years On the Cape. I'm in NH now but go down there all the time getting and doing automotive,boats,etc. and if you want to save money go to an upholster and buy firm foam of good quality and put it in your self. WalMart's don't have good foam. It'll flatten right out. Go limp. Take the old foam in to compare..There is lot's of frim,extra firm foam out there. Depends on what you have now and what you want.

Take the seat over off measure how thick and long the foam is. You can glue the foam into a block that can be cut down to shape with an electric knive..(turkey carver) Put a piece of Dacron from Walmart on it to hide any cut marks. Pull seat back to orignal place and staple back down.

Use the carver to take the old foam off if it's glued to the plastic. Run the knice along the seat were the foam meets it. If you try to pull it off it will rip if it's glued good. Sort of a scalping action..Use the old foam piece as a guide or save to put back in case you change your mind.

Simple just some carving skills. I'm going to shape mine out to make it longer and wider at back. I'm tall and hit the plastic stop inside just befoe the storage flap..

Any questions just ask..

Thanks CaptCaper, where on the Cape was your shop? where in north N.H. do you live now?

SharkAttak said:
CaptCaper said:

Any questions just ask..

Thanks CaptCaper, where on the Cape was your shop? where in north N.H. do you live now?

Onset near the beach....for the last 25 years.. I did charter's out of Hyannis and Chatam commerical fishinng from Plymouth,Sandwich,Ptown, in the summers. When work was slow. My neighborhood went to heck so I moved to Mirror Lake Whitefield NH..on a trail. I'm trailmaster here and I still go back all the time to get work anywhere from Boston to Ptown. I use the VNose SnoPro to haul the stuff :)

My seat on my 06 rtx is still firm after 2900 miles but, the fabric is now stretched. It will not return. I'm going to add 2" of foem to mine.

Back