• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Solutions for xtx with star kit still saging

thetruck454

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
On my '09 I just reinstalled the skid after installing the star kit and I still have a measured 4" of sag even with both torsions springs on hard. If I pick it up and let it down slowly it will only sag about .5". I greased everything and checked bushing wear when I installed the kit. The sled has 10k miles so could the stock torsion springs just be tired or did I flubber something up?

How's your rear Shock?

This might be a dumb question, but is your Nytro sitting on dolly wheels when you compress the rear?

There is no dumb question, just dumb answers.

Yes the skis are on dollies. I tried putting the track on a dolly to and it didn't make a difference.

I suppose I can take it all back out again and pull both shocks so I can move all the linkages to check for any binding. Not that I really want to wrestle it back out/in again...

I know the front track shock linkage can be put together a right way and a wrong way, but can the rear also be accidentally put back together incorrectly?

If the skis are on dollies your front/rear weight bias is being greatly affected. Take the skis off the dollies and see how the rear suspension reacts.

Correcta mundo....I hope the truck454 sees this before he rips apart his rear suspension.......:eek:

On my '09 I just reinstalled the skid after installing the star kit and I still have a measured 4" of sag even with both torsions springs on hard. If I pick it up and let it down slowly it will only sag about .5". I greased everything and checked bushing wear when I installed the kit. The sled has 10k miles so could the stock torsion springs just be tired or did I flubber something up?
My 09 with the full Hygear setup sits down maybe 2" on the hard (skis and skid on concrete), as I understand from Hygear, they do "sit" into their travel 2-4" on purpose. The idea of sitting proud at full extension means you are not in the reactive zone of the shock... maybe you are good?

Set in is all controlled with the torsion springs, you’ll have to find heavier duty springs if you don’t like the “sag” rider weight has a lot to do with it too. I’m 180 and mine with star kit only “sits” a few inches when I get on it springs on medium

Back