• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Some great memories....

ROCKERDAN

OCD Sledhead
Country
Other
Snowmobile
'18 RTX 50th "Winder"
With one of the hottest summers again(record heat seems to be higher each successive summer) and working outside much of the time getting beat up by the heat. I sure can't wait til fall and winter.

Don't get much time during the summer to think sleds, but when I did get a free day finally, I checked out this cool site that Dano sent me. I'm not sure if this has been around before, but I have never seen it. For those guys like me who have been in this game for awhile, it sure is fun looking up these OLD BROCHURES from years gone by. Many makes and actually a lot more then just brochures.

For the YAMAHA brochures go here and scroll down about half way and you will see all the years there:
http://www.vintagesnowmobiles.50megs.com/BROCHURES_YAMAHA.html

For the MAIN page, which will get you to tons of other brochures ect....go here:
http://www.vintagesnowmobiles.50megs.com

I took some screenshots of some of my old YAMS(I actually still own the '82 ET340)

fullsizeoutput_2c8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2db.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2e5.jpeg

With one of the hottest summers again(record heat seems to be higher each successive summer) and working outside much of the time getting beat up by the heat. I sure can't wait til fall and winter.

Don't get much time during the summer to think sleds, but when I did get a free day finally, I checked out this cool site that Dano sent me. I'm not sure if this has been around before, but I have never seen it. For those guys like me who have been in this game for awhile, it sure is fun looking up these OLD BROCHURES from years gone by. Many makes and actually a lot more then just brochures.

For the YAMAHA brochures go here and scroll down about half way and you will see all the years there:
http://www.vintagesnowmobiles.50megs.com/BROCHURES_YAMAHA.html

For the MAIN page, which will get you to tons of other brochures ect....go here:
http://www.vintagesnowmobiles.50megs.com

I took some screenshots of some of my old YAMS(I actually still own the '82 ET340)

View attachment 140905

View attachment 140906 View attachment 140907

My very first Yamaha was an ‘82 ET340, it was bulletproof to say the least and to this day I still miss that sled. Great memories,great times and great company Surround these vintage sleds

My very first Yamaha was an ‘82 ET340, it was bulletproof to say the least and to this day I still miss that sled. Great memories,great times and great company Surround these vintage sleds

I had a 1978 enticer 340 deluxe with 12,000 miles on it and never touched the engine, primary or secondary, those were the days.

My first sled was a yamaha 1973 GP643. It idled like a harley. It had duel carbs and when it back fired it would set your crotch on fire! It also had a steel cable for a pull cord that always got tangled up. My first new sled was a 1978 yamaha srx 440. I wish I still had that sled! When I took delivery of the sled it had a sticker on it that said the performance of the sled might be more than you are used too. So I grabbed a handful of throttle, the skis went up and I flew back on my back on the ground! I said holy cr,p what did I just buy!!! LOL

I've been in the game since the late 60's and early 70's and I've owned a bunch of sleds. I loved the old SRX's and GPX's but never owned a Yamaha until my 06 Apex.
In the early years I owned SnoJets and Kawasaki's and from there it was Polaris and Cat. I have many fond memories of the old days and the biggest thing I really miss are the old fashion Winters.

I started at a very young age with a used 71 Elan. It was the first year the Elan came out according to the old brochures Ive been looking at. Man these bring back memories. My family rented Elans and Olympics for several winters over Xmas vacation when we spent it at the cottage. So I went thru all those old yrs doo brochures and looked at each model with great memories as I recall each and every model and how they looked. As I got bit older I bought my first sled, the 71 Elan used. I noticed in one brochure the cost NEW at that time was $595.00 only and 12hp! I recall scrounging several yrs of allowance ect and bought mine for $200. LOL.

Then a few yrs later of course I wanted more speed....and I bought my neighbors sled for a few hundred as he could not get it running. I was a kid still but loved tearing into engines, so I found a blown head gasket in that old Kawasaki fan-cooled engine which was a 440cc in that Lynx 2 sled. it never did run perfectly, and I worked on it constantly, but it was fast compared to the single cyl Elan. LOL.

Then in 1980 The family bought a NEW 1980 citation 3500, it was a single cyl. And then in '82 traded that in for the ET340 Enticer which I still own today, but have not rode it in over 25 yrs or so. I should get that out of my sisters shed and work on it. Im blown away by the weights and pricing on these old models, and of course love seeing the pics and what was important in those days in the brochures.

Then a 86 phazer, then a 90 Mach 1, and a Phazer 2 for the girlfriend then.....to the 93 mach 1, the 94 mach z, the 95 mach 1, then 96 mach z, the 99 mach z, then to 06 mach z(sold it fast), 06 apex.....the 12 cat turbo, the 14 mxzX etec, 16 12004tec, and now the 18 Winder! Man o man I wish I still owned a bunch of those sleds, what a great hobby this is.

But it is crazy how much they cost now compared to those old days.....and the Elan says it was made of STEEL in specs I read, and still very light! lol

few more pics....
fullsizeoutput_2ea.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2e9.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2e7.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2ef.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_308.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_316.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_30d.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_30b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2c2.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2c4.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2d3.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2d8.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_309.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_30e.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_30c.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_30a.jpeg

Look at the prices of these sleds .Riding gear cost more today .$1500 for a 775 tnt I had one back then .

Nostalgia aside god am I happy they have evolved LOL "12hp drives the 15 inch track...a toy it is not" Cracks me up when I flip a leg over a 300hp apex or winder LOL. The pictures of the models are also hilarious!

I wrote up a list of sleds i owned about 20 years ago and kept adding to it since....I have owned over 60 sleds .....Not all brand new but still! Yamaha,cat.doo,polaris,sno-jet auto-ski,boa-ski,alouette,john-deere,scorpion,skiroule.

good lists guys. as i had access to my dads sleds i did not buy my 1st one until 2000 witch i still own. others where gotten used on deals that i sold off or kept.

2- 1987 safari 377 (sold off)
1988 vk540
1990 et400t/r enticer
1991 et400t/r enticer (sold off)
1992 phazer II (scrapped when i got it)
1997 et410t/r enticer (1st sled)
2001 sx500r (sold to brother)
2005 rx warrior ltd (sold to brother)
2009 phazer rtx/x
2011 apex xtx

still deciding on whether or not to add another sled to my list.

good lists guys. as i had access to my dads sleds i did not buy my 1st one until 2000 witch i still own. others where gotten used on deals that i sold off or kept.

2- 1987 safari 377 (sold off)
1988 vk540
1990 et400t/r enticer
1991 et400t/r enticer (sold off)
1992 phazer II (scrapped when i got it)
1997 et410t/r enticer (1st sled)
2001 sx500r (sold to brother)
2005 rx warrior ltd (sold to brother)
2009 phazer rtx/x
2011 apex xtx

still deciding on whether or not to add another sled to my list.

You gotta get a Winder in that list!!

Wow it started a long time ago for me as well here are some rare weird ones, I had them all.
Sno pony
Polaris Challenger
Polaris Colt 295 free air
Rupp 340 Yankee
Arctic cat Eltigre1974
Arctic cat Jag 1976
SkiDoo 500 S ?
SkiDoo 2 up 570 ?
Yamaha XTC700 98
Yamaha XTC600. 98
Apex Gt 2006
Vector Gt 2010*
Vector GT Ltx 2010*
Venture GT 2011*
Apex XTX. 2013*
Viper STX DX 2015*
*still own and ride with the family

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I printed off some brochures for my father in law, who has a 1971 Yamaha SL338B, 1971 Panther 303W, and a 1973 Cheetah 440.

You gotta get a Winder in that list!!

a bit pricy for my buget up here as they go for $20000 around here. looking at nc apex xtx's as i have permission ;) because she took over the 2011 and i am stuck on the phazer.

Back