• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Some uppgrades and servicing

frankjohansen

Its the time of year again and my thumb is restless. I’ve have to do my annurly service on my Vk 2013. Oil change and filter is given on the engine with orginal oil from Yamaha. But on the tranny im trying a new to me from Omega ( it’s a kind off climb oil, with extreme good quality) 40$ for 3,5 dl is steep..Bought a new battery, new sliders and all the bearings in the skid. Will also take out the carbs for cleaning, and check the floats are within spec. Will build me a carb sync tool that Grizztrac did, just too dial it in properly. Had problem with air in coolant, so have to adress that to...

So over to the uppgrades
Icing is a big problem on it, so i bought a exhaust re-routing kit, instead of going down on the track, it will come out on each side under the passenger. They claime about
70% reduction..

left hand trottle, for the left tight spot

Raising the handel bars 2’’ or more

Led bar in front

Overload bar, for the heavy hauling

As i said it’s a 2013 with 11700km on it, has the wide ski stance on it aka venture, so it’s very stable to ride. Its heavy but i love it for my use, i have efi envy but i will make do with what i have and make it better
Will update my progress
Kind regards
Frank

If you could post a pic of the overload bar for heavy hauling that would be great.

Back