• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Somewhere Near Fargo 21/22 Edition

biffdotorg

VIP Member
Website
www.biff.org
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Apex XTX and Viper LTX SE
WEBSITE
www.biff.org
Just to kick this season of videos off....

did I rip it on October 20th.... Yes I did!

Video to come!

Attachments

• E80A0D54-A4D6-4D51-8E9F-6656A4B8F672.jpeg
    E80A0D54-A4D6-4D51-8E9F-6656A4B8F672.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 211

Loved it........here I was just making sure the tractor and Blower worked and there was room in the garage. Good job riding in OCTOBER.....yes you have.

Did you have a drone following you? Looks awesome!

That's a great question. Notice how you only see snow on my lens when looking forward?

I started using a GoPro Max 360 cam last season. So it films a full 360 around me, and I have it perched on a 6" stem on top of my helmet. So it even shoots down, and stiches out the stick! So it looks like a drone is hovering over my helmet. The angle is tricky, as it can make many viewers sick!

The key, is it automatically stitches the two 180-190 degree shots together, and you only notice it when you look straight down, or one cam has ice/water/dirt on the lens.

Here is one of my favorites from last season. Sugar Powder at -19f! You can see my cam in my shadow, when I started heading East away from the sun!

I shoudl re-edit that clip to 16:9 for the desktop. As I edited that one in a bar at lunch, and posted it to TikTok! I think they look silly on YouTube, but it was so amazing of a clip (imho)

That's a great question. Notice how you only see snow on my lens when looking forward?

I started using a GoPro Max 360 cam last season. So it films a full 360 around me, and I have it perched on a 6" stem on top of my helmet. So it even shoots down, and stiches out the stick! So it looks like a drone is hovering over my helmet. The angle is tricky, as it can make many viewers sick!

The key, is it automatically stitches the two 180-190 degree shots together, and you only notice it when you look straight down, or one cam has ice/water/dirt on the lens.

Here is one of my favorites from last season. Sugar Powder at -19f! You can see my cam in my shadow, when I started heading East away from the sun!

I shoudl re-edit that clip to 16:9 for the desktop. As I edited that one in a bar at lunch, and posted it to TikTok! I think they look silly on YouTube, but it was so amazing of a clip (imho)

/QUOTE]

Whoa! That is pretty incredible!

73 miles with my wife and another couple on Saturday. It's great to get her back on a sled. I bought here some of the new Klim Allure gloves with the two-zone insulation. Amazing piece of equipment! She was very happy with those, Klim Mammoth socks to go with her daughters Klim boots. Happy wife, happy life!

103 miles on MLK day. We found the local club was out mid day grooming. So obviously conditions have gotten good! I also got a chance to put some miles on a Venture Lite. Probably one of the most comfortable seats in the business. There is a reason these machines do not come up used very often. What a treasure to find for my fishing buddy. At least he knows he can trail it as well.

So I am currently trying out publishing 360 video. I have had a fair amount of videos on my YouTube channel, and when shooting traditional, or reframed 360 video, I choose the perspective.

I have shared a pile of videos where folks watch for multiple reasons. They may want to see what I see, or catch what I miss. Immersive 360 allows for that. You can see the deer on the trail that I missed, or the reaction of the camera man, or read the speed on my dash.

I mostly shoot snowmobile videos, but have shot a few more from the SXS. This test video is my first published 360 to my channel. On a mobile device, you just have to move your device or drag the video to change your perspective. On a desktop, you can drag the perspective with your mouse. Or a person can use a Virtual Reality headset and now you are my helmet!

Feedback is welcome. And much more to come!

Back