• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SORVA, are they a joke or am I wrong!!

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX

Do they not know how to use the blade on the front of the groomer to cut down the corners to fill in the low spots. All they do is pan fresh snow? They stop grooming when it gets too warm so they claim but there are times when it’s below freezing and they could be working the trails and they don’t. It’s amazing how good the trails are in WI with the little snow we have and how hard these clubs use the tools that we as club member have to save to buy. Michigan groomers are given to them and they act like we don’t understand!!! Poor training or just flat out lazy. Trail passes go up every year and we get post like that. I am at a loss. Just had to vent.

Last edited:

Do they not know how to use the blade on the front of the groomer to cut down the corners to fill in the low spots. All they do is pan fresh snow? They stop grooming when it gets too warm so they claim but there are times when it’s below freezing and they could be working the trails and they don’t. It’s amazing how good the trails are in WI with the little snow we have and how hard these clubs use the tools that we as club member have to save to buy. Michigan groomers are given to them and they act like we don’t understand!!! Poor training or just flat out lazy. Trail passes go up every year and we get post like that. I am at a loss. Just had to vent.
Ive blown snow with my own tractor snowblower to fill in a bad spot by a road bank. Small local clubs bust thier humps, but one closed the trail in 2018 when we had 39 inches of snow. I hear you.
Lazy, gubbmint money...but its always people...and power.

Hell, our trails look better than that and were closed to "save the base". There is no saving the base as the season is now done. For that week they were closed we could have been riding. Some jackwagons have been riding them anyway and risking getting them closed permanently. I remember years ago when the trails would be open until they looked like yours or worse.

Hell, our trails look better than that and were closed to "save the base". There is no saving the base as the season is now done. For that week they were closed we could have been riding. Some jackwagons have been riding them anyway and risking getting them closed permanently. I remember years ago when the trails would be open until they looked like yours or worse.
Yes. I remember them open until they were mud. My point was there is enough snow to work with they just don’t.

Heard that "save the base" bs after our 3 days of open trails, because it got warm. Could have had 3 more days of riding, as it melted anyway. Insane. We have trails in a valley that seldom has good snow...why should the higher elevation trails close??? And not one landowner complained. If a section is closed, ride the shoulder of a road around it. They soon open back up when sleds are in front of thier house, legally riding the shoulder or ditch.

Comments on that post is they are out grooming now. I am going out for a ride to check trails on my sled.

Heard that "save the base" bs after our 3 days of open trails, because it got warm. Could have had 3 more days of riding, as it melted anyway. Insane. We have trails in a valley that seldom has good snow...why should the higher elevation trails close??? And not one landowner complained. If a section is closed, ride the shoulder of a road around it. They soon open back up when sleds are in front of thier house, legally riding the shoulder or ditch.
We get the same crap. Drag their butt to get it open then it warms up and now it’s garbage. Whatever!

One of the other issues with SORVA is they show us perfect trails on Facebook but then we leave in the AM and they have yet to be found. They post they groom 7 South and we ride it and it look like it has not been groomed in 2 days. Then make. Post that there is not enough snow and there is plenty to work with and show us crap trails to justify why they have not done anything. I only wanted to post to see. If other see the same things.

Crazy what clubs can do with less snow and make better trails then this area.

Here is the real crazy part. They won’t join the Groomer GPS app. Hmmm why is that?

Last edited:
One of the other issues with SORVA is they show us perfect trails on Facebook but then we leave in the AM and they have yet to be found. They post they groom 7 South and we ride it and it look like it has not been groomed in 2 days. Then make. Post that there is not enough snow and there is plenty to work with and show us crap trails to justify why they have not done anything. I only wanted to post to see. If other see the same things.

Here is the real crazy part. They won’t join the Groomer GPS app. Hmmm why is that?
Went out with my son in law to clean up this section of woods, which is our worst. Trails were closed at this point!! Then mysteriously opened the next day when I posted pics to the club president. I have 2 club groomers at my house, on the trail, and pay no attention to fbook or anything. We started the club in the 90s and Im gonna groom and ride when theres snow...period. NYS snowmobile handbook says 3 inches minimum to ride. I bring my tape measure.

Attachments

• 20230125_174841.jpg
    20230125_174841.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 64
We are coming into ishpaming area can you give me a trail report over there?
Trails are getting groomed up. Trails are hard with lots of ice at intersections, corners and open areas.
Went from Marquette to Shingleton. 417 and 8 was groomed till Shingleton. North of Shingleton 8 was not groomed yet and all moguls. 41 south to Jack pine was rough. Needs grooming.
They need to just keep driving the groomers around to help break up the chop.

I haven't believed them since they took over. Munising was great back in then 80's and 90's. Won't go near the place anymore. Fool me once...fool me twice...you know the rest.

Back