• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sounds like a broken exhaust pipe !!!!!!!

Country
USA
Snowmobile
'10 VECTOR LTX
Got a "10 Vector with, 54000 miles (run flat out) Developed a major leak Today... Doesn't sound like donuts its Waaay louder. Plus Didn't they fix that issue by this time.

What are we going to find when we tear it apart. With some good information maybe I can have some parts on the way for quick turn around.
If the pipe is broken .....is it worth putting a header on or is that just wasted $$.

54,000 miles? or is it a typo?

i would guess a bad weld opened up, unless you hit a big bump or something recently causing a crack, nobody here can say for sure so no point ordering parts if you dont know what it is, can you see anything from underneath in the track area? personally i wouldn't bother with a header if you aren't doing anything else to it, don't think it would make that big of a difference but its your money. post pics when you open it

is it loose? i dunno if they still use the ring clamp in the middle of the pipe with the allenkey under the seat but if its lose and blowing out it wouldnt take long to wreck the graphite seal or whatever they use in it, where is it loudest, header area, middle or rear? if its the rear then you probably lost a baffle in which case youll need a new muffler forsure

Last edited:
Well an option might be to contact Travis at www.barnofparts.com and see if he has a complete exhaust setup for your sled. If he does, work out a price on all the components with the contingency that what you don't use you can return for a refund. You pay the return shipping.

Travis is a great guy, honest and very fair. I'd bet that he'd go for some type of arrangement like this!

mine broke 2 years ago
right at the 3into1 spot
welded up real nice
crappy to take apart tho
when you undo the 2 bolts (center under the tank)
the pipe had to go forward first
bit of a pain

My exhaust broke right at the end of the header. I would post up a picture but I'm up north sledding. At the end of the header there is a stub pipe that transitions into the main exhaust pipe. Mine broke and left some of the stub pipe in the exhaust side. Easy fix just remove it and have it welded. The stub pipe has packing around it and is very hard to remove. My welder tacked it back together first then pulled it apart. Its a easy fix just takes some time . If you look at the exhaust doughnut procedure under the apex section It will give you step by step what to do. If you want some more info look up apex exhaust doughnut change on Youtube . there is some video there.

also check the rivits holding the tunnel to the bulkhead as they are known to come loose on sleds that have been ridden hard.

Yep, The Header Pipe on the right Side (as sitting on sled) broke off at the flange that bolts to the engine .
Donuts were ate away , don't know which happened first.
Got it tig welded for $10 . My buddy had new donuts (in stock) so it was easy fix

Mine also broke at the 3 to 1. Took every think apart and welded up just fine. The worst part was that I was almost 100 miles from the cabin,made for a noisy ride back.

IMAG0055.jpg

This is what mine looked like. I had to drive it 20 miles back to the cabin. It ran OK at higher RPM but stumbled at idle

I have had 3 of them all break at the collector just like the picture. Weld it. 8000 miles on one of them with no more probs. Do the donuts while you're in there. The donuts seem to need replacing every 5k miles.

I have had 3 of them all break at the collector just like the picture. Weld it. 8000 miles on one of them with no more probs. Do the donuts while you're in there. The donuts seem to need replacing every 5k miles.

You seam like you have experience on these sleds so I have a question for you. I just did the copper donut repair on my ‘11 Nytro. Per this group I ground material off the clamp stoppers so I could crank the bolts down tighter. Then I cranked the bolts down real good and tight. More than 13ft lbs for sure. Now I’m talking with a guy who really knows Yamis and he said he’s seen broken flanges from guys grinding the stopper/spacer down and over tightening. DOH! So should I be worried about flanges breaking on my sled now? I cranked em down pretty good. I did not think it could be overdone on that particular exhaust component and tighter was better so they definitely got the “farmer twist”

Back