• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spark Plug Removal

D&C&S

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
AC 7000
:dunno:Can the spark plugs be removed without removing the gas tank. Is their a easier way to get the plug coils off,
I tried to pull off the one I could get at with the hood off and l could not get it to budge.
Thanks

Yes, they can be removed without removing the gas tank by accessing from the right side of the motor. There is not a lot of room but it can be done. I twisted slightly while wiggling the plug caps and eventually all three popped off.

You don’t have to take the tank off. But it’s tight if you don’t. I twisted coils and then used a small pry bar (placed it under the part of the coil where the bolt goes through). I pulled up on the coil with my fingers and used my forearm to push down on the pry bar gently. So most of the force to remove the coil/plug cap was coming from my fingers and a little extra came from the prybar. If you use only the prybar you may break the coil. Go easy. Take your time and then put a super light swipe of grease on the coils so they come out easier next time. I put CR10EK back in. Some guys on here recommended them. They seemed to help make starting the sled quicker, but I can’t prove that.

Back