• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spark plugs after 1 season with closed loop!

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
Pulled my plugs out after a season of running closed loop with hurricane pm header tunes.

Seems to be running well!!
20211021_135822.jpg

20211021_135747.jpg

I hope you threw them in the garbage. Try a step colder. In fact go to the CR9EK dual ground electrode plugs. Change them yearly.

I hope you threw them in the garbage. Try a step colder. In fact go to the CR9EK dual ground electrode plugs. Change them yearly.
Yes those been in there for 6000km. They been swapped.
I'll.check those plugs out. Ty

Last edited:

I am looking at using these as well this year, how does one gap (Do you need to?) the dual electrode plugs? Just do both to the same gap as a single electrode, half the gap of a single electrode??? I could see either one....

I am looking at using these as well this year, how does one gap (Do you need to?) the dual electrode plugs? Just do both to the same gap as a single electrode, half the gap of a single electrode??? I could see either one....
You gap two electrodes instead of one. If you gap at .020” with a single electrode, you still gap at .020” with the dual. Nothing changes but you now have two places for the spark to jump to and the flame kernel is always exposed. It’s worth a couple-three free HP.

The reason the EK series of dual electrode plugs make more power is the spark is exposed to the A/F charge better. Some people index single electrode plugs for best power but you don’t have to index the dual electrode plugs. They work in any position or index.

You gap two electrodes instead of one. If you gap at .020” with a single electrode, you still gap at .020” with the dual. Nothing changes but you now have two places for the spark to jump to and the flame kernel is always exposed. It’s worth a couple-three free HP.

The reason the EK series of dual electrode plugs make more power is the spark is exposed to the A/F charge better. Some people index single electrode plugs for best power but you don’t have to index the dual electrode plugs. They work in any position or index.
Just curious Mike have any of the vendors tried these plugs with there tunes on the dyno?
What is the opinion of the tuners with these plugs?

Just curious Mike have any of the vendors tried these plugs with there tunes on the dyno?
What is the opinion of the tuners with these plugs?

I'm not sure if they have tried them. I just know that every four-stroke small engine we have put them in have picked up 2-3 HP. You'd only see that on a good engine dyno like Hurricane has. We've run them on all the NA sleds and even the turbo RX-1's and Apexs. The 1200 Doo comes with them factory installed. We have tried lots of things on the dyno, and the dual electrode plugs are the only spark plug I've ever seen make power. It's not much but when you need 2-3 HP there you are. People spend thousands to increase power, and it doesn't get much easier than the EK line of plugs.

I'm not sure if they have tried them. I just know that every four-stroke small engine we have put them in have picked up 2-3 HP. You'd only see that on a good engine dyno like Hurricane has. We've run them on all the NA sleds and even the turbo RX-1's and Apexs. The 1200 Doo comes with them factory installed. We have tried lots of things on the dyno, and the dual electrode plugs are the only spark plug I've ever seen make power. It's not much but when you need 2-3 HP there you are. People spend thousands to increase power, and it doesn't get much easier than the EK line of plugs.
I have been using them for a few years on my winder and it's cheap horsepower. If the engine likes it, why not?

Going to make the switch over to these plugs on the 2022. Slightly more money, but no way its runs worse.. Besides I don't want to eat Mike Knapp crow sandwich on this one.

2¢ to share .... It is "snake oil" marketing.... And it's HP recovery from a onset issue.... Not a HP gain.... Stick with stock NGK iridium plug gapped appropriately to your setup..... Don't fall into the snake oil hype.... They will cause more issues than good.... But like everything else nowadays....people herd behind marketing sheppards.....
It's a placebo effect they engineered to sell more product....
Just send me the money you're planning on spending on multi ground strap plugs and I will message you every day telling you that you are making more power..... Lol
Cheers

Multi straps shroud the flame kernel.... Which you don't want..... Also most ignition systems today produce a minimum of 60-100mJ......ignition really only requires 7-12mJ for optimum ignition.... Extra 2¢
Cheers

Back