• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spark Plugs

brown1966

Anyone else having a problem with plugs? I'm afraid to put my sled in the garage once i take it off the truck unless I take it for a quick ride, otherwise they will foul. Is this normal???

No this is not normal I have 2600 miles on the original plugs with no problems. I also had a few upside down events before I put a teather on it. Proper warm up is absolutely neccessary I wait until idle drops to 1700 rpm.

Yes thats normal, if you do not allow your sled to reach operating temps than the plugs WILL foul and its a big pain in the a$$ to change just lke most things on this sled. So take your time let it warm up than take it out of your truck. My very knowledgeable yamaha tech told me to wait until the radiator fan kicks on, its a sign that all is warmed up. Remember these arent 2 strokes let them run as long as you want if the radiator fluid gets warm the computer receives a signal and the sled is shut off with out you even being there.

Thanks for the info guys. Changed plugs twice this year and last. Hopefully never again.

I wait till my sled idles down to around 1700 rpm. This seems to work because i got 8000 km on original plugs.

Back