• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Speedo and tach problem Rx1 -03

It sure changed it from mph to km/h, but tach/speedo and odo still dead :(

Didn't have time for check anything else yesterday, so I'll doing a rerun in the garage tonight.

Like I said, ... You have voltage on the Yellow/Black wire. That is good. I think you have a gage that is not working. Slight chance it is the ECU. But, I put my money on the gage.

Hi

Len, you were right, turned out the gage is not working.

Here in Sweden the gage is pretty cheap, NOT.
1 155.00 USD :o| :o|

Anyone of you guys know where the ODO numbers are saved? Is it in the gage itself or is it in the ECU?

Perhaps I can find a gage at some sled junkyard, but it's not that funny to have a gage which shows much more mileage than the sled have...

Isn't it possible for a shop to re-program the mileage?
I mean, my sled has like 1640 miles on it so I dont wanna have a gage that shows 5000 miles or so.

At least it should be possible to set more miles to it...?

I have a speedo off of a 2003 RX-1 laying around somewhere. If I can find it it's yours for whatever the cost of shipping is. It has either 1100 or 1800 miles on it.

Not to bring up an old, appears to be dead thread but.......having a similar issue with a 2005 RS Vector and wondering what ever came of mushkins problem. I have some things to check yet but it's nice to get a report back on these threads to get some closure if that makes sense. Thanks folks.

White xc, I have damn speedo problem for all last year, everything in my gauge pod works perfect except MPH.
When idleing and rev up and down without engaging clutch my MPH jumps around 5-3-10-4-12 and so on, when not hitting throttle it sits on 0.
When ridding usually 0, but will read a little but always very low MPH.
PLUGGEDmy pod into another sled and pod worked perfect. HELP HELP HELP someone.

That almost seems like a speedo sensor issue. Have you looked at it? I would take your intermittent gauge over our inoperative one any day.

Hi. i have a Rs Vector -06 and have no lights or odo, have gone thrue the wirering and groundblocks. Swapt odometer and voltreg. Got 4.7v on the yellow/black cabel on the odo. No power to fuse head,sig and dc term in the fusebox.???

sounds like it is time for a stator tobbepilotus.

Back