• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Speedometer/Altitude problems

upei93

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Viper X-TX LE MPI turbo
2009 Nytro XTX
2015 Viper XTX LE

One of my speedo magnets worked its way out and wore a hole in my chain case and caused the speedo sensor to short out blowing fuse which took out my gauge and tail light. Bought a used chain case cover with sensor and cleaned everything up and installed and replaced burnt connector with one I found online same as OEM. Now my speedo reads zero and my altitude reads 0 or 60. Would using a speedo sensor from a different sled cause this? Could I have damaged the gauges because it shorted? Everything else works fine. (RPM, Fuel)

2015 Viper XTX LE

One of my speedo magnets worked its way out and wore a hole in my chain case and caused the speedo sensor to short out blowing fuse which took out my gauge and tail light. Bought a used chain case cover with sensor and cleaned everything up and installed and replaced burnt connector with one I found online same as OEM. Now my speedo reads zero and my altitude reads 0 or 60. Would using a speedo sensor from a different sled cause this? Could I have damaged the gauges because it shorted? Everything else works fine. (RPM, Fuel)

Speed sensor and pick up from the same year sled? When you say different sled what do you mean? if it burned the wires, there is a good possibility that you blasted the ECM or Guagge. Did you check all the fuses in the fuse box?

Thanks for the reply...everything is working on my gauge but the speedo (Altitude is fine)...must be the speedo sensor...not sure what year sled the case came from...I have my old sensor will swap it out one day and see if thats the problem.

Back