• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spend My Money!

ssgzag15

Extreme
I have a new LTX-SE sitting at the dealership, ready to be picked up. I plan on upgrading immediately, I am a extra-aggressive trail rider just coming off of a boosted Apex, if it was you and money is available, what would you do and why?

PEFI 3 inch quiet muffler.
Intake, either out the hood or under, your preference.
Dash flash, with multi map bundle from the vendor of your choice.
Set of good clutch weights.
Picks.
I wouldn't touch the skis as the Stryke is new, aside from more carbide.

Replace all shocks with aftermarket.
Replace primary clutch and align properly.
Install electric assist power steering.
Barn of parts wedge in driveshaft or better driveshaft.
Weld chaincase chain tensioner idler screws.
Scott Taylor chain and gears in chaincase.
Reinforce rear of tunnel so you can haul extra race gas tank.
Try the new ski and if they don't work then address that.
Wrap of choice.
Replace front cross shaft and lower shock shaft with stronger.
Reinforce tunnel at fwd shaft location.
Do engine mods as desired with a tuner that has a knock protection system that works.
Four wheel kit on rear axle in skid.
Tunnel protects for studs.
Most are fixes for issues and other are better ride.

Or buy 6 venoms for you and your buddies to ride so you can show off your riding skills.
:dunno:

Replace all shocks with aftermarket.
Replace primary clutch and align properly.
Install electric assist power steering.
Barn of parts wedge in driveshaft or better driveshaft.
Weld chaincase chain tensioner idler screws.
Scott Taylor chain and gears in chaincase.
Reinforce rear of tunnel so you can haul extra race gas tank.
Try the new ski and if they don't work then address that.
Wrap of choice.
Replace front cross shaft and lower shock shaft with stronger.
Reinforce tunnel at fwd shaft location.
Do engine mods as desired with a tuner that has a knock protection system that works.
Four wheel kit on rear axle in skid.
Tunnel protects for studs.
Most are fixes for issues and other are better ride.

Or buy 6 venoms for you and your buddies to ride so you can show off your riding skills.
:dunno:
Aren't some of these issues addressed on the 2021 model year? If not, they certainly should be....

I have a new LTX-SE sitting at the dealership, ready to be picked up. I plan on upgrading immediately, I am a extra-aggressive trail rider just coming off of a boosted Apex, if it was you and money is available, what would you do and why?
If your area is stricked with muffler laws definitely go with a stock muffler flash! If you can get away with putting aftermarket exhaust get the hurricane stock replica free flowing exhaust with performance muffler tunes.
Bundle packages with cluster flash are a nice option if you ride in secluded area were fuel quality could be a issue. If you run into a gas station were only 87 is available drop to the smallest tune and ride.
If you want just a single tune I would say do a 270 tune (91 octane)

You can run 87 on a 270 tune if you have to , just no full throttle until you can get 91.

After doing a shitload of research, and taking into account all of your valued input, I have decided to ride her dead stock for a couple hundred, then stud the hell out of her (4 per line, all double backers), Then installing the Black Diamond Extreme Multi map kit; http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?id_product=1311&controller=product ; I am fabricating a custom 1-off carbon fiber windscreen, and other custom touches that I do to all my custom builds, Thank you all for your opinions and input, I will post pics and data as I progress!

Back