• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spit my track today!

Loc Tro

Extreme
Spit my track today! Track had 8-10k miles but looked mint. Just added drivers that turn track through the windows 200 miles ago and now this!

How do I determine what pitch track and drivers I have?

Was hard on it today heat cycling brakes, belt and track all day on and off gas and brakes in the trails.

Got to straight away and pinned it! Got to about 80-90mph and BANG sounded like I broke my chain but was track…

weak old track IMO I never run a track past 6000 miles.

I have almost 11k on my 11 Apex 144 track, and over 8k on my 121 track on my 09 Apex without problems. Also have studs in both.

Last edited:
My Nytro just turned over 10,000 kms. I’m starting to loose lugs. It may not be just the miles on the track and maybe age catching up to it too. The outer rubber is just starting to come off showing the cords on n one spot.

During my preseason I look at the track. With stroke last Feb I only did 1k till then, usually do 2,500k each season. At the 1,200k mark this season so far, should check my track a little more often I guess now that miles are adding up.

i got roughly 14000 mi on the 2nd track on the 11 apex xtx as the 1st one got cut while riding. it started loosing the lug tips on the ripsaw. the composit 1.5" lug i have on it now has about 8000 mi and is holding up pretty well as it is in better shape than the ripsaw II that is on my 16 with less milage. if you can see the rods in the track, it is past toast and not even worth fixing.

Track pitch is distance between lugs 2.52" was std for decades, now you can get 2.83, 3", etc. So measure yours. On extrovert drivers measure tip to tip, they should match your track. Looks for any where around the holes in your track that blew see if you can find any clues there.

Glad you are ok, this is my single largest fear, popping a track on my 500hp sled that suddenly puts me in a barrel roll or a tree because you have no brakes.

Back