• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sport windshields and HID headlights

swmpr1

Extreme
Has anyone put on one of the new sport windshields? if so, how high is it? I have the med. regular windshield and its huge. just wondering what the center height is on the sport style.
also whos had good results with HID headlights, I had the 4.3k's in my nytro and they were great, but who makes a decent set for the viper?

I got my HID's from Rock. Yamaheater. They are a Huge improvement. The AC reflector sucks these hids are almost a necessity.

Has anyone put on one of the new sport windshields? if so, how high is it? I have the med. regular windshield and its huge. just wondering what the center height is on the sport style.
also whos had good results with HID headlights, I had the 4.3k's in my nytro and they were great, but who makes a decent set for the viper?

Same as I have the HID lights from Yamaheater. Absolutely love them and the field of vision is awesome at night.

couldn't find any hids on the yamaheater website, am I looking in the wrong place?

calling or pm'ing rock is the best way to get his attention.

I have rock's HID's and the sport windshield. Of course it's in storage now but look at the thread I posted last month for a picture of it.

I would agree, HID lights make a huge difference. I went with 6000k lights with the bigger ballast. Just cause I have had really good luck with them. For me it was hard to adjust for both high and low beam. Once I got my lows set the highs were to high. So I gave up on setting them both, and just set my low beams perfect. And now there is no need for high beams. AC reflectors are pretty bad, so set low beam up and you'll be good.

Back