• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spray welding in Milwaukee area?

SidewinderConvert

4-Stroke Rookie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'18 Sidewinder XTX-SE
My driveshaft bearing has spun, I am trying to find a shop in the area here to weld it back up and make the shaft right but have so far struck out. Anyone have any suggestions for who to reach out to?

Commonly, companies who repair industrial electric motors often do spray welding. The armature in large industrial electric motors are very expensive so when a ball bearing fails, locks up, and spins on shaft, it's cheaper to weld and repair instead of replace.
If you can't find anyone in your area, I know Electric Motor Repair does it. 612-588-4693.
(2010 N 4th St, Minneapolis, MN 55411)

Franks BMW in Essex Juntion Vt. Builds up the bearing journal,and installs a anti-rotation pin ,and supplies a modified bearing that has the inner race slotted.For less than the cost of a new shaft.Phone# 802-878-3930 ask for Kamran Pelkey. See attached photo

Attachments

• FDC5E81F-B3B8-4C16-8C1D-2A7C14F9A577.jpeg
    FDC5E81F-B3B8-4C16-8C1D-2A7C14F9A577.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 409
Franks BMW in Essex Juntion Vt. Builds up the bearing journal,and installs a anti-rotation pin ,and supplies a modified bearing that has the inner race slotted.For less than the cost of a new shaft.Phone# 802-878-3930 ask for Kamran Pelkey. See attached photo
Now that is what it should look like from factory!

Back