• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Squealing sound

DeBo

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
Anyone experience belt squealing sound at engagement? I have 240 miles on my 20' and noticed it a few times. Sled was completely stopped and a few times was off for a bit before starting up again.

Anyone experience belt squealing sound at engagement? I have 240 miles on my 20' and noticed it a few times. Sled was completely stopped and a few times was off for a bit before starting up again.
Sounds like the belt deflection is to tight. So your belt is riding to high up over the sheaves on the secondary. If your using the stock components you need adjust the thickness or amount of washers behind your secondary bolt/plug. Should be explained in you owners manual.

Ok. Its stock haven't done anything yet. What a pain lol

Mine will squeal sometimes when I get back on the throttle coming out of a corner. My first belt exploded at 1,000 miles.

My Dad's LTX has no squeal, and his belts last 3,500 miles plus.

I'll have to look into adding the washers. It's so annoying first sled that did this crap

Back