• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SR Venture DX?

jjmoneysauce

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 VK540
And some Bravos
And some Enticers
There aren't too many user reports on the new Venture DX badge, although there are a few for the other older DX variants of the Viper.

I'm looking pretty hard at this sled and also comparing its AC cousins the Pantera 7000 and XT.

It seems that the DX could gain some off-trail handling with a deeper lug track and some mountain or VK skis, but the Pantera XT has beastly skis to begin with. My usage will definitely have some off-trail, so some flotation and paddling is useful.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

My buddy has the 2018 venture dx what is the track length? Is it 146? and what is the total length of sled,we tried to fit it into a 10 foot clamshell,no way,looks like he will have to get a 12 trailer.

Yes 146. Interested to know how it works for your buddy.

My buddy has the 2018 venture dx what is the track length? Is it 146? and what is the total length of sled,we tried to fit it into a 10 foot clamshell,no way,looks like he will have to get a 12 trailer.

SR chassis run longer then DB2 chassis... a 137 skid on a SR also will not fit in a 10 foot clamshell

Yes 146. Interested to know how it works for your buddy.
He loves the sled,but does not run up big miles as of yet,because he already lives in our northern part of state where we get lots of snow and cold. But I plan on riding more with him so he can add on some more miles lol... sled is like my sidewinder a tad tippy when running up and over large plowed snow banks,he tipped it over coming down off a field out onto a road,but he did not square up to the bank before his decent.

SR chassis run longer then DB2 chassis... a 137 skid on a SR also will not fit in a 10 foot clamshell
Ya,not very easy,my boy has the 17 SW se model,and even with his stock windshield he had to take care getting it into the 10 foot clamshell that he used from his friend,if he had his large shield on,he said it would not make it. Do you know what the overall length is of the Venture DX?

Back