• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sr Viper 2016 flash poll and Thread

Let us know how your Viper start when cold with the new ECU flash

• start instantly

Votes: 21 13.7%
  • Now it take 2 attemps to start

Votes: 114 74.5%
  • start better than before

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • no difference

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • My speedometer is now unaccurate

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Has your sled stalled since latest flash

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Has Your sled had a extremely loud backfire since flash

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
How would the new flash effect a power commander? I have the 15 flash with an ulmer tune for intake and exhaust just wondering if anyone knows of it will throw my tune way off

I have Hurricane's power up kit and phoned Dave and asked if the flash would affect it, he said no. I would suspect Ulmer's is the same, but he likely the same, only a phone call away.

Are you using ulmers tune?
Yes. But modded by me.

Started it up yesterday once cold and once fully warm. Noted afr. 11.3 at start and when warm idle is 11.8. After flash I am seeing 10.9 and 11.5 not enough to worry about and temp is warmer so who knows. Observations: Has started 3 times now first crank,no Prime. Just turn the key. It does take longer to fire. I swear it is turning over faster. Anyone else notice that? Anyway more testing on my trip next 4 days. So far I am happy. Did all I could now to avoid the starter failure. Crazy thing. Tech said this year they have replaced 3 starter/gear assy. None in previous 3 years. Glad it's done.

Well I guess now that you did it Cannondale I will go ahead and have it done this summer. I was kind of holding out for a newer flash. Mine never really kicks back but it has had a few scary stops in cranking for a moment. Seem to only happen if i let the fuel pump prime before cranking.

Well I guess now that you did it Cannondale I will go ahead and have it done this summer. I was kind of holding out for a newer flash. Mine never really kicks back but it has had a few scary stops in cranking for a moment. Seem to only happen if i let the fuel pump prime before cranking.
I resisted too. Just thought of a blown starter gear makes me sick but Wait till I get back Tuesday for final assessment. All is good so far though!

It was starting to worry me to. My last few rides I went out alone because my regular riding buddies couldn't get away and all I could think of was getting stranded. So i only shut my sled down if I was at a gas station or restaurant. Not fun!

Glad to hear it's working out.

Looks like my starter went after the latest flash...started fine in morning and went to fire up again and nothing...power and fuel pump cycles but doesn't turn over...could be weak battery (new one on way) or cable corrosion but expecting the worst.

Starter is stuck...dealer will replace no questions asked...not going to be fun dragging it to the trailer and loading!

Starter is stuck...dealer will replace no questions asked...not going to be fun dragging it to the trailer and loading!
You need to be more specific. Did a gear break or just magnets fell off starter. Two very different issues. Thank you

You need to be more specific. Did a gear break or just magnets fell off starter. Two very different issues. Thank you

I don't know the answer to that yet...I need to get it to the dealer first.

Ok thanks. Hopefully just magnets then nothing went into engine. About all I can say for loading with no power. Is take belt off and throw some snow in rear suspension for lube. That's a bugger. Find help if available.

Ok thanks. Hopefully just magnets then nothing went into engine. About all I can say for loading with no power. Is take belt off and throw some snow in rear suspension for lube. That's a bugger. Find help if available.

I'm pretty sure it's magnets (had a starter fail on my Nytro which I replaced and that's what it was)...there was no grinding sound just clicking from under the seat...dealer won't let me take it apart so I'll let you know when I know.

Yes. But modded by me.

Started it up yesterday once cold and once fully warm. Noted afr. 11.3 at start and when warm idle is 11.8. After flash I am seeing 10.9 and 11.5 not enough to worry about and temp is warmer so who knows. Observations: Has started 3 times now first crank,no Prime. Just turn the key. It does take longer to fire. I swear it is turning over faster. Anyone else notice that? Anyway more testing on my trip next 4 days. So far I am happy. Did all I could now to avoid the starter failure. Crazy thing. Tech said this year they have replaced 3 starter/gear assy. None in previous 3 years. Glad it's done.

I am seeing almost a full point leaner at mid and .3 leaner at full throttle. Still has started one try no prime every time last two days riding. Is a longer duration crank but seems to crank faster. At start idle is real lopey. I seem to notice more engine braking. It's fine. So far very happy.

I am seeing almost a full point leaner at mid and .3 leaner at full throttle. Still has started one try no prime every time last two days riding. Is a longer duration crank but seems to crank faster. At start idle is real lopey. I seem to notice more engine braking. It's fine. So far very happy.

What are you seeing at idle up to engagement when it's fully warm?

so not enough change in afr to really be concerned with it?

Back