• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sr Viper 2016 flash poll and Thread

Let us know how your Viper start when cold with the new ECU flash

• start instantly

Votes: 21 13.7%
  • Now it take 2 attemps to start

Votes: 114 74.5%
  • start better than before

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • no difference

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • My speedometer is now unaccurate

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Has your sled stalled since latest flash

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Has Your sled had a extremely loud backfire since flash

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
I second the motion if they truly aren't going out of business they should step up and do something about this to restore faith in the brand. whos going to want to buy there latest and greatest after this debacle?? Not this guy that's for sure.

Talked to a dealer ( in Norway) last week and he said that the19 models are coming with a new update to the ecu. Its supposed to be working good. No more two starts. But he didnt know if the older models will get the update. Anyone heard something about this?

Nothing here yet but I think you guys get them first in past. I have lost track of what number flash we are on now. Would be nice to get it right!

Heard the same thing from a french forum. The 2019 Vipers apparently start first try and idle very smoothly.

Can’t wait to hear from an actual owner about this “new flash”.

Sure hope so and they dang well better give the flash to all of us!
Boy; would I like to see this problem solved. I'm really tired of wondering if my sled is going to let out an almighty Kaboom when I start it. It seems to start well for a period of time and just about the time I've totally dropped my guard, it threatens to lift itself off the ground. I'm 64 years old and have had more sleds over my lifetime than I can remember and I really like this sled except for this nagging issue. If something doesn't come out to remedy this problem this season, I'm going to move on. I find it unreasonable that Yamaha hasn't made a concerted effort to remedy this at some point over the 5 years that this problem has existed.

Boy; would I like to see this problem solved. I'm really tired of wondering if my sled is going to let out an almighty Kaboom when I start it. It seems to start well for a period of time and just about the time I've totally dropped my guard, it threatens to lift itself off the ground. I'm 64 years old and have had more sleds over my lifetime than I can remember and I really like this sled except for this nagging issue. If something doesn't come out to remedy this problem this season, I'm going to move on. I find it unreasonable that Yamaha hasn't made a concerted effort to remedy this at some point over the 5 years that this problem has existed.

Personally i dont believe it will be solved for older sleds. I am willing to bet it is more than just a flash and will only work on the 19 models.
If this could have been fixed with a flash, they would have done it 16 flashes ago. Lol

Personally i dont believe it will be solved for older sleds. I am willing to bet it is more than just a flash and will only work on the 19 models.
If this could have been fixed with a flash, they would have done it 16 flashes ago. Lol
Ever heard the New Wildcat 1000 idle? Same #*$&@ as our Vipers and same ECU. If the 19's have the same ECU and issues are solved ours will be also. If they got a different ECU. We need that too then.

I only see one 2019 Viper model listed on the Yammi website the 2019 SRViper L-TX. I can't imagine they would put a different ECU in for one new model? I would love to see an update that addresses the weird idle and hit or miss starts. The idle I can live with, the multiple tries to get it started even when the engine is warmed up is maddening!

Man, Just bought a new to me 16 viper. Checked the dealer it was bought from new and they (sent me the paper work proving) said it has the latest flash before it even went to the original new owner. Cant wait to see what I get... That's why The Apex I just got off of ant going nowhere!

I have a 16 Viper a 17 SW and good old faithful....2008 Apex 40th with 30k on the clock and it is in better shape then both the other 2!

Well I am still looking forward to the viper platform to see how much better it is in the ride and how it handles. I take full responsibility for knowing the cat DNA in things but if it turns out to be bad experience Its gona get a pretty little for sale sign. I will just hop on my Jap built apex and finish out my riding yrs.... Wish Yamaha would read this..

I bought a Viper in 2014 and put the "for sale" sign on my Apex......

Back