• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sr viper with mcx turbo need efi mapping

Esr viper

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 sr viper
Just bought this sr viper with the mcx 190 hp pretty sure someone messed up the fuel mapping previous owner seems to flood itself when I crack throttle to wot and seems like it might stall when coming to a stop just put fresh gas premium and new plugs was also backfiring cleared up after replacing plugs boost seems normal tested all my coils and crank sensor and tps and my tors switch only other thing I could think is a bad mapping I’m under 1000 m to sea level if this matters

Esr Viper I have a 2014 mcx boosted xtx that is doing the same thing for over a year, stuttering backfiring and stalling once in a while, always under acceleration. Very frustrating, as I live in a remote northern community, i am not a mechanic but my son is and has been helping when he can. I love the sled when running properly. Sled starts ok (not as good as it did prior to latest flash), idles o k and runs good up to 5-6 k rpm or 20 -25 mph but hesitates / backfires when try anything more. I have had it to my dealer three times ( 1500 km each round trip) fixed nothing except his bank account, totally done with them. I have talked to yamaha customer service twice and less than zero help once they found out i have no warranty and its modified. The attitude and feeling of worth i got from customer service was enough to make me go out and buy my 2 new sleds from bombaqueer, so that costed yamaha over 40 k all ready. I have been without this sled for over a year now, but i have tried new spark plugs, fuel filters, checking grounds, vacumn lines and wiring all seem ok. TORS i have checked, asked dealer to check, etc with no concerns.
Question : Can you bypass the TORS or TPS on these new sleds i remember you could in the 1997 era.
A couple of days ago I was buying a throttle block, to eliminate that as well, from a guy in Ontario. during our texting he mentioned his xtx (non turbo ) was backfiring and that it was his header that was causing this, it went away after he welded it up. I pulled my sled apart for the 117 time, and sure enough my header is cracked, in a few places. here is my dilemma should i get this welded up reassemble and test drive ( some say that fixing the header is just a band aid that i will need a new one eventually anyway) or buy a new header and reassemble hoping this is the root of all my problems? Any advice would be appreciated.

I’d say fix the one that’s already on, if it works and your issues goes away, then you’ll know what the root of your problem is. Then you can decide to keep the fixed one on or to replace it with a new one.

Back