• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sr Viper xtx 2020

Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Nytro TTX 2014
I have ha Nytro TTX (ohlins) and thinking about buying the newest Viper but is it lighter and better?? Any one who knows?

Lighter and better handling. New engine and ECU/Programming are not as good as your Nytro. If you have TTX shocks that is a major consideration also. Lot of $ to replace since they wont fit the Viper.

Lighter and better handling. New engine and ECU/Programming are not as good as your Nytro. If you have TTX shocks that is a major consideration also. Lot of $ to replace since they wont fit the Viper.
Thats a shame but how much lighter? Can you feel the weight difference in like acceleration?

Compared to a XTX Nytro it feels like 50lbs has been removed from front bumper when airborne. Steering on all the Vipers feels so precise and effortless in rough. Bearings and bushings easily last double in arms and suspension.

Now that cat is not using the 1050 in their lineup I wonder if the ECU will be changed to be more like the Nytro? They did mention that they were updating the ECU for 2020!

Far as I know cat doesn’t offer a 7000 anymore.
They are not. That is why I am thinking that they let Yamaha change the programming to be more like the Nytro seeing they don't have the Cat 7000 anymore for direct competition! What do you think? The 2020 Viper could be a true diamond in the rough model!

They are not. That is why I am thinking that they let Yamaha change the programming to be more like the Nytro seeing they don't have the Cat 7000 anymore for direct competition! What do you think? The 2020 Viper could be a true diamond in the rough model!
Maybe but if so there would be another new flash and I have not seen it. Same flash as offered last year so far. Could be a Yamaha ecu in 2020 also but that remains to be seen. Hope so!

Maybe but if so there would be another new flash and I have not seen it. Same flash as offered last year so far. Could be a Yamaha ecu in 2020 also but that remains to be seen. Hope so!
If they do put the Yamaha ECU in it, along with the new front end, this could end up being a darn good sled for the money!

Heard rumors that the new viper 2020 will have 10 more hp if so they are going to be able to compete with the slow 800cc to. Were I live turbo is illegal... and the police can take your snowmobile for it..

Heard rumors that the new viper 2020 will have 10 more hp if so they are going to be able to compete with the slow 800cc to. Were I live turbo is illegal... and the police can take your snowmobile for it..
Where do you live?

Back