• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SRX handling

Did you get any seat time on the mountain skis, curious how the work on the trails?,any darting?

Haven't put them on yet. Waiting for more snow. By the way, the hardware required to mount the loops (4 bolts, 4 nuts and 2 washers) as per parts fiche are $48 from Yamaha. Went to Home Hardware and picked up all Stainless Steel hardware for $15. When dealer looked up hardware, even he couldn't believe it!

I just ordered a set of blue with yellow handles for my 19 ltx. Going to put snowtrackers on.
I've been out twice and so far like this set up as the sled now goes where I point it.
I'll give more feedback when I get more miles on. Maybe tomorrow.

Did you get any seat time on the mountain skis, curious how the work on the trails?,any darting?

Just put them on and went for a spin on the lake. Compared to the Tuners, they actually turn! As soon as you turn the skis - you don't have to wait for the "slide and wait for them to grab". Noticed it immediately. Perhaps due to the fact the Woody's Ace bars are "deeper"? Will have much better idea (re darting) after trail riding tomorrow.

Just put them on and went for a spin on the lake. Compared to the Tuners, they actually turn! As soon as you turn the skis - you don't have to wait for the "slide and wait for them to grab". Noticed it immediately. Perhaps due to the fact the Woody's Ace bars are "deeper"? Will have much better idea (re darting) after trail riding tomorrow.

Haven't put them on yet. Waiting for more snow. By the way, the hardware required to mount the loops (4 bolts, 4 nuts and 2 washers) as per parts fiche are $48 from Yamaha. Went to Home Hardware and picked up all Stainless Steel hardware for $15. When dealer looked up hardware, even he couldn't believe it!
Yes Yamaha is out to lunch with there pricing lol..
Only thing is there ski hardware is M10 diameter, I couldn’t find M10 in SS when I bought my ski hardware, there might be a bit of play inside the ski and spindle bushings.

I was looking at a stock primary spring for my sled and they wanted $77.00 crazy

I just ordered a set of blue with yellow handles for my 19 ltx. Going to put snowtrackers on.
I've been out twice and so far like this set up as the sled now goes where I point it.
Yes Yamaha is out to lunch with there pricing lol..
Only thing is there ski hardware is M10 diameter, I couldn’t find M10 in SS when I bought my ski hardware, there might be a bit of play inside the ski and spindle bushings.
I think he was just talking about hardware for the handles only.

Last edited:

I think he was just talking about hardware Gor the handles only.

Yes - just the hardware for the handles. Used the stock spindle mounting bolts,washers and nuts. They'd probably want an arm and a leg for them!

Very impressed for the price. Sleds goes where you point it and don't have to account for the slide till the carbides catch. Trails weren't tight this weekend but was amazed that darting was practically zero. Conditions may have had a lot to do with that. Hoping for hard packed trails in next week to definitively test. By the way, Yamaha has put the price of them as well as the handles up again!

I to put on the mountain ski. Great flotation, and a deep aggressive keel to hold the line. Found the tuners too unpredictable and dangerous. Very happy with them and they were a reasonable price from the dealer. $116 cdn each.

Everyone has a different opinion on "handling", "push in the corners", "on rails" etcetc. If you come into a 90 degree corner at 80 mph your going to require a different setup than someone coming into that corner a 10 mph. There is ALWAYS give and take. This past weekend I got a chance to really put the SRX to the test. Setup with C&A XCS ( probably 2nd most aggressive ski on the planet XT's being #1) and limiters pulled to middle ( 3/5 ), center shock preload literally as loose as possible. I felt like this would be a pretty aggressive handling setup through the trails. Boy, was I in for a surprise. the ski "pushed" SO BAD when coming into the corners hot and fast i literally HATED the machine and on top of that i gotta hear my buddy ( who now has my old APEX with C&A XT's ) telling me "this thing handles like a go-cart" ) . I rode it out a bit and as the day went on and it got slightly better when the temp made the trails slightly "sticky", but still no where near what im used to. I went back to the trailer to make a drastic adjustment to the limiters to 5/5 and went back out to try. The SRX stuck like glue in the corners but absolutely KILLED the rear suspension. ZERO traction at takeoff and horrible over any type of bump. Through the trails you didnt have to let off as much when coming into the corner hot and the ski was TREMENDOUSLY faster through the tight and twisties. Back to the trailer, let the limiter out to 4/5. The Rear suspension "came back" and the handling was in the middle if setup 1&2. ski slightly lifted when giving power through the corners just enough to break the keel out of the snow. ( which still is 100% unacceptable ) The second day i rode with this setup all day and to be honest, toward the end of the day wasnt totally bad. Regardless, next step is to ditch the XCS's and install the C&A XT's ( which i should have done in the first place) as the drop-center keel is 1&1/2" vs the 1" on the XCS. Thats it, there is no more excuses after that. I do want to add that there was ZERO darting with the XCS's and know that the XT will not have any either.

Last edited:
My 2 cents. The geometry changes for 2020 may be the difference here but my experience with my ‘20 LE is that now that I have the centre shock dialled in, meaning the lock ring is now almost top of the threads to get weight off the nose, MY sled handles as good as any I’ve ever ridden. Less the 850 axys, that’s another level of precision. Running completely stock set on the skis. 4” carbides I believe, no playing with front shock spring pre load, corners flat, does not lift inside ski, does not push any more then any other sleds or so I find. I too was thinking about CA pro custom coloured but now that I’ve got the sled dialled in, I really don’t think it’s necessary, for me.

Back