• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SRX in the crate.

greatwhite89

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Yamaha RS Venture TF
WEBSITE
www.snowflapjunkie.com
IMG_0109.JPG
Beauty in blue. Found this picture on Facebook. Not sure on location.

I heard this sled was in New York!

I can’t wait to hear some Dyno numbers on the SRX. Sneaky suspicion that Yamaha may have wanted to give this one a bit more stock hp then the winders !

I can’t wait to hear some Dyno numbers on the SRX. Sneaky suspicion that Yamaha may have wanted to give this one a bit more stock hp then the winders !
I hope you're right!!

Has anyone confirmed stock gearing and driver size on the SRX yet?

It is a sidewinder, its also a thundercat/9000. No chance it has different power numbers than the other sleds. Looks good tho.

It is a sidewinder, its also a thundercat/9000. No chance it has different power numbers than the other sleds. Looks good tho.

Well, knowing how easy it is to add, and realizing that the first edition winders, LE-LTX models at that, were running 122 mph per radar guns in the 2017 video promos, and then my stock sled not even coming close to that kind of speed, I speculated way back then that Yamaha was playing with their ECU’s. Now fast forward to the new aftermarket Stock Muffler tunes which add many ponies if wanted, and I say they (Yamaha) may sneak a few in there for their flagship SRX, along with the 1” lug track and recalibrated clutches.... Time and dynos will tell for sure. If not, they will still be the king of speed for a stock production sled.

If the SRX was gonna have a new tune, or more actual HP.....you can BET YAM/CAT would have had a gazillion promos about that last spring when new sleds are released.....no way they would not want to capitalize on the sales.

Last edited:
If they SRX was gonna have a new tune, or more actual HP.....you can BET YAM/CAT would have had a gazillion promos about that last spring when new sleds are released.....no way they would not want to capitalize on the sales.

Yup. Plus anyone who truly wants to be fast will be flashing thier sleds.

Yup. Plus anyone who truly wants to be fast will be flashing thier sleds.

Yep much like what I had to do, to get my needed level of power.

But still fun speculating prior to the units coming out.

If they SRX was gonna have a new tune, or more actual HP.....you can BET YAM/CAT would have had a gazillion promos about that last spring when new sleds are released.....no way they would not want to capitalize on the sales.

Sure, makes sense!

lol.... More power on the SRX. I bet you think Yamaha builds these sleds too...

Back