• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SRX past and present

Any old SRX owner knows to pick his races since hookup was rare on them. When hooked up there is no way a stock turbo is beating that old SRX off the line at least. And the sound! Will always miss mine and this video kinda made me sick a bit first time I saw it.

Yes sir, nothing sounds like a Yamaha triple. How many Yamaha fans would wait in line to buy a 2020 SRX 2 stroke triple

My Dad has a beautiful 2002 SRX sitting in the corner of his garage. He is keeping it as a collectors item. It has about 2,500 miles on it. We ride it once a season. If the trails are smooth, I have a blast on it!

A 2019 would have looked great in the garage next to the 2002.

1" ripsaw probably isn't getting a whole lot more power to the ground than the .92 yokohama, especially since the 2.52 pitch might even put more bars on the ground. Both skids arn't great for transfer (stock) and the wieghts have to be fairly close as the old SRX was over the 500# mark too. Some day I'll find a nice SRX 700 to put in the garage for a "collector"

1" ripsaw probably isn't getting a whole lot more power to the ground than the .92 yokohama, especially since the 2.52 pitch might even put more bars on the ground. Both skids arn't great for transfer (stock) and the wieghts have to be fairly close as the old SRX was over the 500# mark too. Some day I'll find a nice SRX 700 to put in the garage for a "collector"
The biggest problem with old SRX was instant acceleration. The Turbo lag is almost like a traction control!

My Dad has a beautiful 2002 SRX sitting in the corner of his garage. He is keeping it as a collectors item. It has about 2,500 miles on it. We ride it once a season. If the trails are smooth, I have a blast on it!

A 2019 would have looked great in the garage next to the 2002.
I have an 02 also, with only 1370 miles on it. Bought it off the original owner. Mostly stock except for the Bender cold air kit. I'm keeping mine for the same reason.

BTW, that video has to make it "look" like the 02 is getting smoked off the line but, I wonder. Put equal tracks on both machines then we'll see.
Wonder where that video was shot?
That video just got my blood pumpin, can't wait to hit the trails this season!

Last edited:

Back