• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SRX Sidewinder Chain Case Oil

Bert Corrigan

Veteran
I have a 2019 SRX Sidewinder that has 368 miles on it. Ive changed the oil and filter thanks to Dan. But I need step by step guidance on the procedure to change the chain case oil. Right from the start. I’d appreciate any help I can get
Thank you
Bert

When you get it apart take the time to clean the Torx bolts and holes. Run a tap in the holes and die over the bolts

When reinstalling many guys have stripped the threads. When they are all clean with new loctite it is way easier to feel them when reinstalling.
Ms

I have a 2019 SRX Sidewinder that has 368 miles on it. Ive changed the oil and filter thanks to Dan. But I need step by step guidance on the procedure to change the chain case oil. Right from the start. I’d appreciate any help I can get
Thank you
Bert
I got it figured out. Watched the old video on this. Thank You

How do you read a sidewinder sight glass? Do I need a infrared light? Carry a flashlight? Check when is hot? Cold 1/4" in the glass, hot 1/2" I wonder what my owner manuals says.
All I see is black in the sidewinder sight glass ... maybe its empty...

Carbide - some small ponds have thin coating of ice according to the ice fishing forum I follow their hoping for walk-able ice by xmass

How do you read a sidewinder sight glass? Do I need a infrared light? Carry a flashlight? Check when is hot? Cold 1/4" in the glass, hot 1/2" I wonder what my owner manuals says.
All I see is black in the sidewinder sight glass ... maybe its empty...

Carbide - some small ponds have thin coating of ice according to the ice fishing forum I follow their hoping for walk-able ice by xmass
lake Unbagog was frozen over last week...it wasn't thick but it was froze.

Back