• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SRX track

DMCTurbo

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder XTX LE 137
I'm interested in buying the stock 1" ripsaw 1 SRX track if anyone in Ontario is purchasing a SRX and swapping tracks right away. I personally think it will be a faster track than the 1" ripsaw 2 which will be my option 2.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Derek

swap with what? there is no 1" ripper 2 on a SW

I want the SRX 1" rip 1 track. Option 2 would have been a 1" rip 2.

I've already made a deal for a take off SRX track.

Last edited:
o sorry - i misread your comment (u changed it didnt u? LOL)- that tracks gona be great - if theres hardly any snow - i had a prototype ripsaw 1 on a 2 smoker price 1000 srx viper and it was awesome, but ive found the 1.25 is the shortest i want for trail racing - the XTX 1.6 cobra (its really 1.45) is a very impressive track - i actually like better more often than a 1.25 on the trail - and if theres snow on the race track - it works better for racing i think... make sure u get the 2 ply version - all 2017s had single ply --- summer sucks

Last edited:
I want the SRX 1" rip 1 track. Option 2 would have been a 1" rip 2.

I've already made a deal for a take off SRX track.
try to get the rip 1 , I had option 2 and was not happy with it , put on 3000miles and 2 tracks later , studs were still pulling out . I personally don't think the rip 2 strength is the same ,

try to get the rip 1 , I had option 2 and was not happy with it , put on 3000miles and 2 tracks later , studs were still pulling out . I personally don't think the rip 2 strength is the same ,
Thanks a member here has contacted me about purchasing his SRX track. I think it will be a better and faster track then the rip 2.

had alot of issues with the 1" hacksaw also - seems theres like 17 different kinds or something reticulated... im just SO done with 1" TRACKS - wouldnt get the srx because of it - and those 3 fancy super expensive shocks,,, and 1 steel shock --- whats up with that - they inserted a steel crap shock in the front of skid...

had alot of issues with the 1" hacksaw also - seems theres like 17 different kinds or something reticulated... im just SO done with 1" TRACKS - wouldnt get the srx because of it - and those 3 fancy super expensive shocks,,, and 1 steel shock --- whats up with that - they inserted a steel crap shock in the front of skid = junk...
I personally want the 1 inch track , the 1 inch track gives me top end speeds , yes some of the tracks in the past have not lasted very long , hopefully this new track will , as for the new shocks its a cool feature , I got to demo a sled with this feature and it works with a push of a button instantly u go from soft to med to hard and when I mean hard its hard , providing this new feature never fails it will be something every sledder will want ,

once i get my shocks set - i dont touch em - and to get top speed u need gears - more than just a 22 on top - those 1" tracks feel like your riden on sloppy slippery crap when theres snow but i did like that ripsaw 1" i had back in the day - on on old srx,,,

I live next to a plowed 2500' track therefore the 1" is what I want. I'm going 21/37 or 22/37 gearing for next winter.

thats great - wish our local lake froze like it used to - so lets see - 22 37 is 1.68 --- 21 37 is 1.76 --- perfect - id doo the taller one - when u have the case apart - id also spot weld the 2 little roller adjuster wheel bolts so they dont come out inside - mine did and what a mess - and if u buy custom gears the smaller one should have 3 .093 holes in it so oil can lube the reverse spline up there - or if u use the oem gears u can drill em with a cobolt drill - the new 21 is drilled now and like 15 bucks - id also clean, deburr and silicone case halfs together - mine always leaks a bit if i dont, and i always drill out the rivots and install colored side belly with self tapping screws and replace rivots with 5mm ss button head screws and nylocs for easy future removal for oil changes and case issues - im also designing a manual reverse system because i will not delete reverse --- yet - im so bored - summer sucks

Just to confirm, the SRX comes with Ripsaw 1 and is a two ply track? At the preview show, the round "markers" on the track appeared to be too close to have 2 studs together. Are these actual stud placement indicators only for a 96 stud pattern?

Yes the shocks on the SRX are VERY watered down from a 17/18 LE.

Back